5 days after Vaser Hi Def surgery and I'm concerned?

Hi everyone, I'm a 29 y/o in shape male, about 5 days post vaser hi definition liposuction on my abdomen and flanks. I'm a little concerned, as the only difference I see so far is the skin feels looser and more saggy. My six pack is actually less visible to prior to surgery. Is this normal? Also, there are about 4 areas where if I touch, I get a pretty big "ripple" affect, like theres a lot of fluid underneath. The doctor said it's normal and will clear on it's own. Is this true? Also,

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post VASER HI DEF Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Massage, Exilis Ultra or Ven us Legacy, Compression, Hyperbaric Oxygen

VASER Hi def requires a very strict protocol post procedure.  You should have drains, lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen treatments and start RF / shock wave treatments at 1-2 weeks.  The results should be very evident at 1-2 days and then swelling increases.  Compression is very important.  Please see an expert for post operative care if you are concerned.  A revision procedure cannot be performed for 6-12 months if needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Vaser Hi Def recovery

Thanks for your question.  The short answer is, yes, this sounds totally normal, given you are only 5 days out from surgery.  Vaser Hi Def is similar to any liposuction procedure, in that it causes a lot of swelling and inflammation of the treated tissue post-operatively, but it's different in that it is much more aggressive, so actually, it is not unusual to have more of an inflammatory response than you might with standard liposuction.  With that said, I always tell any of my liposuction patients (Hi Def included) that the swelling actually will worsen for the first two weeks after surgery, then slowly improve over the subsequent months.  Many surgeons use drains after a Hi Def procedure to allow a way for that excess fluid to escape, but many do not.  The fluid should not collect in one spot, although this can happen.  When it does, that's called a seroma and often will have to be drained with a syringe and needle.  Make sure you are following all of the post-operative instructions your surgeon provided to you and express your concerns at your follow-up visit.  Superficial self-massage of the treated areas can also help with the healing process.  Skin tightening is perhaps the last change that happens and is key to the Hi Def procedure - this usually takes from 4-6 months to see a difference.  Hang in there and be patient; you should see excellent results as that swelling resolves and your skin starts to tighten