48 fraxel dual or chemical peel?

3 x fraxel dual face, neck and chest or medium/strong chemical peel. I have a reddish complexion and would like to lighten and even the tone. Sun damage on chest not too bad on face

Fraxel or Peel

With your complexion you should have quicker results and fast healing with the Fraxel laser.  Please be certain to consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel over peels

In good hands, both with give excellent results, especially a medium depth TCA peel, however, like Dr Emer, I do prefer laser. Laser give a quicker recovery time, and I also like combining different lasers in the one session to deliver superior results. 

Fraxel dual (1927 and 1550) can be combined, or even Fraxel 1927 with low density CO2- probably my preferred option. Photos will be great, as this can accurately guide us as to what is the most suitable treatment for your skin type. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel DUAL versus Chemical Peel

I suggest posting photos as there is no way for us to make a recommendation. I personally like fraxel over peels for many aspects and combine fraxel with microneedling and PRP/sculptra to get even more results.  We also do a very specific post procedural skin care protocol to get even more improvement.  Please see a skin care expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel dual or chemical peel

Both fraxel dual and chemical peels can produce fantastic results depending on your skin type and the results you seek.  Fraxel dual can be more effective that peels (depending on the type of peel) with around the same amount of down time so many patients opt for the laser treatment. The best recommendation is to have an in person consultation with a board certified specialist who can evaluate you and assist you with achieving the goals you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Laser or Chemical Peel for Reddish Complexion

Hi WTS.  Fraxel is a great tool if you have fine lines and wrinkles and want to improve them, but if you have Rosacea (facial redness) or Poikiloderma (neck and chest redness and sun damage), it's unlikely that a Fraxel will help that much.  We use Pulsed Dye lasers for redness (Cynosure V-Star and Candela V-Beam) and q-switched lasers for sun damage.  

A chemical peel is often helpful for the face but it depends on the depth of peel.  For the neck and chest, a chemical peel is unlikely to help because it's not safe to perform a deep chemical peel on this area.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD