4 weeks post op, are my breasts healing and dropping correctly? (Photo)

Hello, I had 425cc silicone breast augmentation on both breasts on November 17, 2014. Posted photos so you can see my progress. Left breast seems not to be dropping at all, where my right one seems to be dropping fine and is getting smaller at this point. Do my breast look like they will eventually look similar? right now they look so uneven. I will go see my PS at the 6 weeks mark. The last photo I posted in front of the mirror shows the difference in size of the breasts now. Is this normal?

4 weeks post op

Thanks for including multiple photos, including pre-op pictures. 

In one photo, things looked normal and fine to me. In one other photo, I noticed some asymmetry that was a little concerning. 

So your particular case is one when I really must suggest you see your surgeon for a physical exam. 

It is normal for one breast to feel different than the other, but if that difference is really extreme, we worry about things like hematoma or contracture. The only way to be sure is to see your surgeon. 

4 weeks post op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I can see the progress of your healing and it seems to be on track.  There are some asymmetries but at 4 weeks that's to be expected and not unusual.  It's also commonl for one side to settle sooner than the other.  As your implants continue to settle over the next few months, your breasts will also continue to change in shape.  Keep up with your post-op instructions and stay in close contact with your surgeon and give it some time before re-evaluating.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

No apparent problems 4 weeks after breast augmentation.

For the time being, I don't see any problem.  Healing will take a number of months but for now it looks as though everything is okay.

Uneven breast after surgery

Breast can be uneven before and after surgery and perfectly even is not the normal rule. In your case the nice thing is that with time they are becoming more even with tim and so far look like you will have a nice result in the end. Talk with your PS and see if there is a massage program to help even your results more. 

Uneven breast after surgery

4 weeks post op, are my breasts healing and dropping correctly?

You seem to have a nice result.  While there is minimal asymmetry, you had some asymmetry prior to surgery.

Kenneth D. Christman, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Kenneth D. Christman, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks

The improvement from the one day to the four week photo is quite obvious. The photo in front of the mirror has the arms markedly elevated, and this will distort the implants, and differently from each other since the pectoral muscles, which are compressing the implants at this pose, are different is size and strength.

I would expect continued improvement over the next two months.. If your surgeon felt you looked even at the end of surgery, I would expect good symmetry by three months.

All the best. 

4 weeks

All the best. 

Based on the photos you have submitted and the time line associated with them, it appears as though your breasts are doing very well. I would folloiw your plastic surgeons post-op instructions carefully and completely.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Dvais, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Good Luck

Stephen M. Dvais, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery