I'm a 34b & I have very spaced apart breasts with large areoles, I was wondering if a breast lift would be my best option?

Breast lift

Without any photographs to review, its very difficult to offer you guidance.  Its possible you would benefit from a combined breast lift with implants together with an areola reduction.  Your best option is to arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and options.

Candidate for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

I see young women that come to the office, and the two breasts are very asymmetric. One breast is lower than the other. There may be differences in size. Or there are certain conditions: one’s called tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations of it. But basically, that’s a growth and development problem that creates a lot of angst for a young woman.

Basic procedure description: 

Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Lift with implants

Although I would need to evaluate you to confirm, I would probably recommend a lift with implants.  A lift alone may not give you the size that you are looking for and will leave you widely spaced but would correct the enlarged areolae

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Photographs would help

Without photographs it is impossible to tell what operation would best suit your anatomy.  It will also help to define your goals.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hello thanks for your inquiry. It is important to have an in person consultation or send your pictures in order to receive a proper advice. I would say for what you are describing you would do well with a breast lift with areola reduction and volume augmentation. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Spaced apart breasts and large areolas

difficult to provide a tailored answer without the photo, but you mentioned you have a B cup which tells me that your breasts could use some volume enhancement. Using implants, preferably the silicone, with a diameter slightly larger that your breast width, can help reduce the gap slightly. You must, however, understand your limitations. The base of the Breasts (Breast footprints is what I like to call them) cannot be moved like checkers, and therefore, a gap can be expected. To reduce the areolas, a donut areola incisional reduction with adding a lift component if required can be very helpful. Good luck in your journey; and, always remember to choose the experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery!

Sean T. Lille, MD

Breast options

Great question!  To fix the wide cleavage, one recommendation could be to undergo a breast augmentation so that an implant can be placed to provide volume into the wide space and therefore narrow the cleavage.  Since you are a B cup, this will also provide more volume to the breast as well as upper breast fullness.  To correct the large areolas, you can undergo an areolar reduction which is basically a "donut" lift.  With that being said, a proper examination in person is really the only way to provide an accurate recommendation Best of luck and hope this information helps!- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Breast lift for large areola

Thank you for the question. From the description of the areola it seems that a lift is an option. But without in person consultation it would be difficult to give the correct answer. Your plastic surgeon should be able to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive will come from an in-person consultation with a breast surgery expert.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question. The answer to your question really depends on your goals. If you'd like to increase the size of your breasts, then an implant would be used. To decrease the size of the areola some type of breast lift can be used. The exact type of lift depends on your current breast anatomy and how much lifting is required. For more helpful answers, you may consider reposting your question with photos of your breasts. Your arms should be at your sides and photos should be taken from the front, and each side.