3 weeks post Breast Augmentation. Left larger than Right.

I did not have perfect breasts to begin with. But far from deformed! Pre op my right breast was slightly larger than my left and my left nipple slightly pointed down. Maybe my left breast hung little lower. I can't totally remember. Now my nipples are even. The implants used drastically different. 215 cc in right. 250 cc in left. LEFT breast went through a lot in surgery. Several sizers, bruising. 3 weeks post my left breast is bigger. Like uncomfortably? Should it even out? Might it be swollen?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Your many concerns following asymmetric augmentation

should be reviewed with your surgeon and you should find some solutions that you can both live with in attempting to improve your current results.  Your surgeon should be able to explain to you, in words that you should easily understand, why you have what you have and what is available for you to get improvements.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast asymmetry

When it come to breast asymmetry especially asymmetry in nipple position and breast mound shape, it is imperative to consider a breast lift at the time of your augmentation. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Asymmetry

Hello,Unfortunately, no intelligent answer can be given without an examination or at least high quality photos. However, given your description, you probably had more than size asymmetry of your breasts prior to surgery. You might do well to get some second opinion consultations with ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Left breast swollen 3 weeks post-op

From what you described it sounds like your left breast is much more swollen than your right due to the extra surgery it required. It's frustrating having already been through so much but once you get past the healing process I believe your chest will even out and you will be satisfied with the results. Of course let your plastic surgeon know of any and all concerns that you have. 

Best wishes

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Still early

You are still in your early stages of recovery from breast augmentation surgery.  With proper breast implant selection, your breast will even out in about 3-6 months.Best Wishes,nana mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

3 weeks post surgery

Thank you for your question.It is still early on in your recovery process, at this stage your breasts can look uneven but should settle over the on coming months, but if you are at all concerned at any time do contact your plastic surgeon even if it just for a little reassurance.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon