I'm 25 years old, 5'8, 115 lbs, 11.5 BWD, currently 32A and I want to have naturally big looking (C cup) boobs. (Photo)

I want to have "naturally big" looking boobs while looking proportioned to my tall & skinny body. I asked my PS what's the biggest size I can get while still maintaining the look that I want. He recommended the smooth round Natrelle Style 15 304cc in silicone gel. I feel that 304cc won't be big enough once they're settled in under the muscle, so I want to get opinions on selecting this size (or any other) to achieve my goals. I also wouldn't want Style 20 if it gives me a full/upper pole look.

Size

You are tall, thin and narrow.  You can go over 400cc. Consider high profile gel or saline- you get more projection for volume.... Meaning they will look bigger than your cup size.  You are a 32A and looking to be a 32C.  You can handle a larger size barring any significant medical history, etc.  If your skin is thin and has little coverage consider silicone gel and total muscle coverage....

Venice Plastic Surgeon

Size

Take a couple ziplock bags and use your kitchen measuring cups to measure out rice in those bags around the size your are considering. Wear those for a day and see if you like that size and weight. Adjust accordingly to get your ideal size.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I'm 25 years old, 5'8, 115 lbs, 11.5 BWD, currently 32A and I want to have naturally big looking (C cup) boobs.

Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking the Natrelle style 15 will give you a more natural  look with better cleavage and side boob than  the higher profile  implant.  Since you are concerned about superior pole fullness and projection the high profile style might not be a good choice.

Hopefully your plastic surgeon has a breast implant sizing system which allows you to try breast implant sizers in a non-padded bra so you can see and feel how you would look different sizes.

For more information on breast implant profile please read the following Link:

Breast implants sizing

Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations on considering a breasts enhancement surgery.

Without an in-person evaluation it is not possible to provide you with an accurate sizing projection.

That being said, you could use the rice-sizing test by filling stocking with rice after you measure the quantity of the rice you used. You can adjust the size according to your desire.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Without a photo of yourself, it is impossible to tell what would be best for you.  I advise you to follow the advice of your surgeon if he or she is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the breast augmentation using implants.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Implant size

I would trust your surgeon, but in my opinion, a more natural appearance and feel is when the implants are placed above the muscle and behind the breast.  In that case a 350 or 375 size implant might work well.  In my practice, I have all different sizes available at the time of surgery, and put in and out different sizes until I find the largest implant that still looks natural. 
Malcolm Lesavoy, MD

Malcolm A. Lesavoy, MD

Wanting naturally big result

Hello, depending on your body and breast type, it might be difficult to achieve a result that is both natural and big.  If your breasts are small and the selected implants are large, the result might tend to look less natural because there may not be much breast tissue covering the implants.  However, if you are concerned that the 304cc implants are too small it would be best to discuss this with your surgeon.

William Andrade, MD

Full C cup size.

Not all patients have enough skin to achieve a natural looking full C cup when the start out as an A cup (especially if a small A).  The key is dependent on the amount of skin that you have present, it's looseness and expandability and finally the position of your nipples (whether high or low on your breast).  If you've had a child the chances are far better of success.  I FYI prefer to avoid the use of high profile implants and have found that mid profile or mid-plus profile implants are preferred for most patients.

You will need to be examined in person since I'm only basing my answer on past experience (30+ yrs) but I can tell you that generally speaking a 304 cc implant is nice but conservative and unlikely to achieve a full 34 C cup for you.  I personally only make the final choice during the procedure as I test different sized implants (with sizers) before choosing.  If your skin is limited, you're better off with a more natural look and a somewhat smaller size IMHO.  Good luck with your decision and enjoy the results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Size

Thank you for your question and I would put implants in a bra till you see the volume on your chest you like them ask your surgeon what shape plant would work given your dimensions

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implants

Hi S
See the great answer by Dr. Seckel.  First and foremost the implant should fit the dimensions of your breast and tissue cover. Here are a few tips for you because this is perhaps the hardest decision for a patient to make, as well as the surgeon. Also see the video attached to my answer. Balancing the implant to your over-all body shape and tissue cover is essential.The main thing is to have the diameter of the implant fit the diameter of your breast "foot print". The average size chosen over our last 7,000 breast implants was “350cc”.BUT, 90% of our patients tell us they wish they were bigger a year after BA.(We will see you every year for routine checks at no charge.) It’s like your mind incorporates the "new you" into your own self-image over a period of time. Cup size estimates can be misleading, but I generally advise patients that they will experience an increase of approximately one cup size per 200 cc. You can try on implants in the office by placing them into a special bra.The implant is also flattened somewhat when under the muscle, so it is a good idea to bump it up a bit. Approximately 1-ounce (25cc) is added to the final volume to account for flattening of the implant in the partial sub-muscular pocket. Once you decide on a size you like, then add on 25cc, because in real life the implant will be flattened slightly by your tissues.Multiple measurements need to be taken to fit an implant to your exact anatomy. Have your surgeon's office show you the charts of the implant dimensions for the various profiles of silicone and saline from the manufacturer. Then you and your surgeon can piece together the puzzle by matching your measurements, with your wishes, versus your tissue cover and the available implants to arrive at a surgical plan.Keep in mind larger implants tend to have more problems over the years.Since silicone implants wrinkle less than saline implants, they might be your best bet.
You can also approximate this at home by measuring out an equivalent amount of rice placed into a cutoff foot of old panty-hose, and put this in your bra.Wear this around the house for a while, and see what you think.Implant size must square with assessments of tissue cover, breast diameter, and chest wall width. Multiple measurements of your chest wall are taken (seven in total). Implant size selection has been an issue of much discussion.
Therefore, I use a wide variety of methods, but the implant size is always established preoperatively.Also, patients are advised to bring reference photos demonstrating their ideal size and shape. A photo album of patient pictures is maintained to assist them. These photos ultimately help in determining where the implants will be placed, since they can be shifted inside (to provide more cleavage), to the outside, up or superiorly, and down or inferiorly during surgery. In determining the final size selection, I always place the highest priority on the preoperative measurements and potential tissue cover.Finally, your verbal requests are factored into the analysis.
We use the quick-recovery approach, so click on the web reference link below to have this explained and you can see the list of Quick-Recovery (Flash-Recovery or Rapid-Recovery) Breast Augmentation articles from peer-reviewed surgery journals.It is a surgical procedure that uses special instruments and techniques to minimize tissue damage and avoid touching the ribs. It causes far less trauma to surrounding tissue than traditional approaches, and it dramatically reduces pain and recovery time. In published studies of BA patients, 95-percent of women interviewed after the procedure returned to normal daily activities within 24-hours. Quick-recovery BA is not a “gimmick.”These specialized techniques, which actually speed recovery and get you back to your daily routine, kids and work, are published in our plastic surgery journals.Because these PS journals are “peer-reviewed” and edited, they are the gold-standard in our field as being valid science. Therefore, these are sound techniques, not marketing hype.

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon