Only 23 years old and sagging eyebrows causing deep wrinkles. Can Botox be a temporary solution until I can afford a browlift?

Or can the botox makes the brows even heavier?

It depends on the type of wrinkles and their location.

Thank you for your question. Depending on your specific type of wrinkling, BOTOX® may be a good temporary solution for your brow. However, BOTOX® is specifically used to alleviate wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movements. If by “sagging brow” you mean that your brow appears furrowed, BOTOX® might provide an excellent solution. Deep wrinkling, however, is caused by a loss of tissue volume, and cannot be resolved with BOTOX®. Instead, you may be a better candidate for injectable fillers, like Restylane® or Juvéderm®.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Browlifting Techniques

Specifically, botox is a very conservative method to slightly lift the outer brow and can last up to 3 months when performed correctly.  

I recommend botox if it is mild brow sagginess.  

For moderate to severe sagging, I recommend trying filler to the lower brow area to lift them into a youthful position.  You can also try Ulthera skin lifting around the brow region for lift.

Yet, for a more long-term, dramatic result - a browlift is a wonderful option and is a safe procedure for achieving your desired results.  

Karan Dhir, MD

Browlifting Techniques

Karan Dhir, MD

Botox?

Thank you for your question.  Botox can be used as a temporary solutions that lasts for about three months.  Without photos, it is nearly impossible to tell you what you would benefit most from.  Please be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon that is an expert in performing Botox injections/browlift.

Botox?

Botox and Browlifting

I find that botox is just one of the solutions when you are younger adding thermage/venus legacy and fillers to the forehead/brow really help to lift.  Nothing will replace surgery however, but I often find i dont like the look of surgery.  Please see a non invasive specialist for an evaluation first.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Browlifting

Botox - More than just wrinkles

Excellent question. Yes, Botox can indeed be something you may benefit from. I recently completed a study that may help you understand this a bit better. I posted a link below to a video that I was featured in on Good Morning America that discusses it. You'll likely see that using this medication may help prevent wrinkles and use it as a way to keep your eye brows a bit higher. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
University of Ottawa

Botox - More than just wrinkles

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
University of Ottawa

Only 23 years old and sagging eyebrows causing deep wrinkles.

Yes, Botox is a great way to elevate the brow temporarily.  The brows should not be heavier, but you do need to find a doctor with a lot of Botox experience!  If your eyebrows are low at 23, I would assume you will eventually require a browlift.

Botox to raise Eyebrows

Botox is a great facial injection and can be used to elevate sagging eyebrows. At your age I would definitely try to avoid any surgical procedure.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with facial injections for the best cosmetic results.

Botox to raise Eyebrows

Botox for Brow Droop

Thank you for the excellent question. Botox can work well for a temporary brow lift, but can backfire if not performed properly. Make sure a skilled doctor with much experience does your injections or the eyebrows can actually fall down. Good luck.

Botox for Brow Droop

Botox for Sagging Eyebrows

Botox can be used for slight temporary eyebrow elevation. If not done by an experienced physician more sagging can occur. Consider all your options with a surgeon who uses all techniques to medically and surgically lift the brows because it will ultimately cost less to have a permanent correction, especially in a young lady like yourself.

Botox for Sagging Eyebrows

Botox as temporary brow lift in young person

While it's impossible to be definite without an exam, what you suggest is often done with good success. For some individuals adding a little volume in the lateral brow area with dermal fillers or fat transfer can also give some lift to the brow. Either of these options may be all that is needed especially in a younger patient.