I'm 22, male. Am I a good candidate for Sinorhinoplasty, chin augmentation and ramal augmentation? (Photos)

I've grown up with severe sinus infections and several injuries to the face. I played water polo in high school and sustained several kicks to the nose that have left bumps on the bridge of my nose. I was always offered the option to get this fixed growing up but never felt comfortable enough getting a rhinoplasty. I recently had an MRI done in my sinus to confirm that I do have a deviated septum. I do not get nearly enough air..... (Continued)

Chin augmentation

all of those procedures would benefit your appearance. Sinorhinoplasty, chin augmentation and ramal augmentation. The result may be compromised by the preoperative analysis, the surgical technique, the implant design and the host response to the implant material.

Rhinoplasty and sinusitis

A rhinoplasty to refine your tip and remove the mild hump can be effectively performed.  It can be done safely while doing sinus surgery- we have a substantial experience in doing combined rhino/sinus surgery.  The septum would be fixed during this surgery.  As far as a chin implant, I can't say without an in-office exam.  Your chin is small and could be improved. If your teeth meet normally, then a chin implant is a good idea.  If the teeth don't meet normally, then jaw surgery would be needed.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty, chin, etc

From an aesthetic point of view, your chin is severely receded, making your nose look larger than it is. The dorsal convexity is not a major detractor. You also can soften it with a filler at the radix.
I think that a good sized, extended anatomic chin implant is recommended.
Have your breathing issues corrected too. I would hold off on the nose job. I think your nose will suit you after the chin is augmented. Anyway, its your choice.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty/ septoplasty and chin implant candidate

A septoplasty is performed on the inside of the nose to improve airflow, once a deviated nasal septum has been diagnosed with a CAT scan.  Chronic sinus infections are treated with endoscopic sinus surgery. A rhinoplasty is performed to decrease the projection of the nose, shave down the dorsal hump, narrow  the bridge and refine the nasal tip.  A chin implant can be placed same time to give better projection to the chin to help  with facial balance and  proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. Chin implants are usually placed under general anesthesia along with a rhinoplasty, but can be placed under local anesthesia as a stand-alone procedure. For many examples of this combination, please see the video and the link below