2 Weeks Post-Op Revision Will They Get Smaller? (photos)

I am 2 wks post-op from subglandular saline to submuscular silicone with benelli lift. Opted against vertical mastopexy. Asymmetry is not perfect but improved, ripples gone. BUT goal was smaller or worst case same size implants for my athletic, small frame. Surgeon said he had to use 525/545 implants. I am so upset that my implants appear and feel bigger than before and rub against the side of my arms. Is there still swelling? Will they get smaller? Will they settle inward and away from my arms?

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

2 Weeks Post-Op Revision Will They Get Smaller?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

When downsizing implants

just how much of a difference did you choose?  Smaller implants can always be used where the difference is quite obvious but sometimes, a more extensive lift (vertical) would be required to achieve a satisfactory outcome.  It appears that your lower breast also needed some repositioning that the switch of pockets achieved nicely.  If you refused the vertical lift, you limited what your surgeon could achieve.  Your look is otherwise very good, but unfortunately larger than what you had hoped for.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post Breast Augmentation Revision

You are still quite early postop to make a true assessment of your result.  It will be at least 3 months after surgery before you can make a judgment of your result.
Your result looks good so far, but I do understand your concerns.  If your surgeon replace your implants with smaller implants, I suspect you will looks smaller as the swelling subsides.  It is unlikely you are larger with a smaller implant. After 3-4 months, if you are still concerned, discuss this with your surgeon.

Best of Luck.

Rupesh Jain, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision Larger Implants

Since you are very early in the postoperative phase, it is difficult to say how much smaller things will look once the swelling is gone and the implants have settled.

If the implants are bigger than before, then certainly they will be bigger and heavier but on an appearance standpoint they may not look too much bigger than your before.  This is because bottomed out implants at times look larger than they really are.

So, just be patient and see how things look when you are about 4-6 months out from surgery.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Post Op Revision #BreastAugmentation Results

From your photos, you have a nice result that seems to have achieved your goals. You are lucky to have avoided the vertical lift as well. Things will change with time, but nobody can predict how your body will settle. Be patient and listen to your surgeon as they did a good job on your surgery.

Continue to follow up to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD