2,000$ Botox in one session for eyes/jaw/lips. Is it too expensive? Patient is in late 20s.

Simple crows feet, a little around brows to help make them a little more even, in jaw to relax muscle and a little bit of lip plump for the first time. The only thing is looking around the internet it seems that I am paying a lot more than others! I am seeing a physicians assistant for this treatment $500 for eyes $800 jaw ( muscle release) 16 units on one side, 12 on the other (need another 2 appointments to see results) $700 for conservative lip injections (prevelle)

Cost for Botox

The cost you will pay for Botox and any other cosmetic procedure will vary between geographic regions, with both the East and West cost pricing being higher than most areas in the Midwest.  Other factors, such as your provider's training and expertise or even their schedule availability may also come into play.  I recommend you focus less on the costs and more on the quality of your aesthetic experience and its outcomes.  If you can find a highly qualified provider whom you trust and can work with to achieve your own best outcomes, that should be worth the money you invest.

Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Costs For Cosmetic Procedures

Costs vary by expertise, location and technique.  I suggest you go to an expert, someone with skill and artistry, and consider paying more for that experience and results than going to someone less experienced or educated.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cost of Botox and Filler

I agree with Dr. Lambros that the cost does seem high by your description.  Usually one injection only is needed to treat the jaw muscle (masseters) and if only one syringe of filler is used for plumping of your lips the price in my opinion in the Beverly Hills area would be $1500 OR LESS.   These injections are not that technically difficult for an experienced plastic surgeon to perform.  Just avoid having an inexperienced injector treat you.  Good luck with your choice and enjoy the results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Botox pricing

Botox should only be done by a board certified dermatologist. Good results can be seen when performed by the right physician. I would suggest discussing with board certified dermatologist at the time of a visit.Prices will vary by region, experience and injector. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost for Injection Procedures

Hi Bailey.  Prices for injections will vary and it depends on the injector and the amount of products injected.  It appears from your description that you have had dermal fillers and Botox, but to give you a better idea of whether or not the pricing was competitive, we would need to know how much of each product was injected.  16 and 12 units is described for the jaw, but you also mention the eyes and do not say how much was injected.  

We might recommend getting a couple other consultations the next time before moving forward.  In this way you can compare and contrast the suggestions of your injectors and also the pricing.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

2,000$ Botox in one session for eyes/jaw/lips. Is it too expensive? Patient is in late 20s

Quality and price are not frequently related. Some of the most expensive people are the least qualified. In my practice with me doing the injections. the cost is about half of what you describe.

I have been injecting masseters since 1996.  You should see results with one injection, not three.   

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial injectables

It all depends on what you are having done and where it is being done and by whom. In my opinion, only a physician specializing in cosmetic procedures and able to manage un towards results of medical treatments. After all, you are not paying for the Botox or the filler, you are paying for the talent, skill and experience of the doctor performing the medical treatment.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and filler

The pricing for the lip injections is fairly standard.  Then that means that you paid $1300 for botox injections around the eyes and in the jawline.  The prices do seem high (especially for a physician's assistant), but confirm the units.  That being said, if you are happy with the results, a good relationship with a well trained cosmetic professional is priceless.  You are in a expensive market in LA, which also can increase the price.  I never recommend price shopping but if you're not happy with your results, find a nearby board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Filler

Thanks for your question. To determine if your over paying, you would need to know the exact amount of units of botox used for the treatment. Some places charge by the unit and some charge by the result or area. For lip fillers, prices range from $700-1000 depending on the injector experience and qualifications. Since you combined both filler and botox in one session, your price is going to be higher but find out units used.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Botox and Price

Botox is an art and you can't pick your injections based on price.  There are a lot of inexperienced injectors and individuals using counterfeit Botox and fillers.  Both an inexperienced injector and the use of non-FDA approved fillers have lead to all sorts of problems.  I spend half of my day now consulting on patients who are unhappy with their injections and come in asking me to "fix them."  For the best cosmetic results find an experienced board certified dermatologist who injects Botox and fillers on a regular basis.