12 days post op and now have some kind of drainage at incision sight. Is this a hematoma? (photos)

Honestly everything was going perfect with my recovery until Day 8. I got a new sports bra like my PS nurse suggested and the inseam irritated my left boob so bad. Once I took it off, it immediately started to swell, I was in more pain then I was ever in at the beginning of recovery, and two days after that my incision started leaking. I am stressing out.

Worried about drainage from the boob

If there is drainage or swelling of one boob you should contact your plastic surgeon so that he/she can make sure that everything is all right.

Post op healing breast augmentation

Hello 

Thank you for your question. It would be best to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. You can discuss all your concerns and questions with them and they can assess to confirm that everything is healing normally.

Best regards 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation pain & swelling

Based on your photos your incision is healing as it should. I would contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns and perhaps have an examination. Best of luck.

12 days post op and now have some kind of drainage at incision sight. Is this a hematoma?

Thank
you for the question and your photos. Based on your photos alone your incision looks normal and there is no sign of infection. However, it would be
difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. I suggest you to contact your board-certified plastic surgeon, express your concern and
have a full evaluation. Best of luck.
Dr. Michael Omidi. An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast Pain and Swelling

It is probably a good idea to follow up with your doctor.  Nothing is visible on the photos you submitted, but you should be seen based on what you described.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Drainage 12 days after augmentation.

From your photos, you do not have a hematoma.  Frequently, surgeons put long acting local anesthetic in the "pocket" where the implant is, and this mixes with some old blood, and because your incision is dependent gravitationally, you have some oozing.  In my opinion, no worries.
Malcolm Lesavoy, MD

Changes after a new bra

After changing your dressings and support bra  your breasts can have changes in comfort and appearance as the pressures shift and tissues move, especially in the first few weeks. Clear or yellow-clear drainage can be normal from an incision during the healing process, especially after there is some manipulation during a dressing change. If you are concerned or you feel your symptoms are becoming worse, you should be seen by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible. He or she can best examine your surgical site, reassure you, and explain to you what kind of healing to expect given their technique and the type of dressing they place on you. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hematoma

Thank you for the question and the photos but if you have concerns see your surgeon as an examination is really needed to truly evlauate your breasts.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

You need to be seen by your plastic surgeon

Hello Baoak and thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear about your recent worries, and the best way to alleviate your concerns is with an in-person examination by your plastic surgeon.  At 12 days post-op, new drainage should be examined to be safe. Best of luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Drainage at incision site

Based on your photo with the steristrip removed yesterday, your incision looks normal there is no evidence of infection.  You may have had some irritation from the bra and or fluid collecting under the steristrip but based on your photos everything looks normal.  Hope the rest of your recovery is event free. 

Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon