11 days post op. Nose looks really snub shaped! Help?

As you can see on the pictures the side of my nose is snub shaped, I DO NOT want that. I am 11 days post op. Is it going to straighten? Should I do some sort of massage? Please tell me there is some way to straighten it.

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear raveall, The photographs did not come through on this end. I would suggest that you repost with pictures for further advice. With that said, you will still receive the answer that you are to early in the recovery phase to determine any long term results and will need to be patient during this time. I would suggest speaking with your surgeon and discussing your concerns as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase as well as what your proposed results were. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Without photographs, it is hard to give you an accurate opinion but I can tell you that you are extremely early in your recovery period and your nose will begin healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. Swelling can cause the appearance of enlargement or a turned up nasal tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

No pics

Sorry cant help with no pics here. We would like to help you. Plese post your pics  to have an idea of the problem.

Thanks