101 fever, leaking incision. Open, is it infected now? (Photos)

This related to my previous post to which my surgeon answered "What you see in the picture is skin separation. It is fairly common giving you have had two operations. What happens after the first operation is that the skin becomes weak I'm confident everything will be closed within 10 to 14 days." I don't feel good and now I have a fever. My breast hurts it leaks, not blood. Should I get the opinion of a second surgeon Or is he right? And does my areola incision look like it's healing ok?

Lots of drainage

with your history points to a possible infection.  You should be on antibiotics at minimum and hope for the best.  If this is confirmed to be an implant issue, your only option will be to remove the implant and heal before having a new one put back in.  Hoping its not that but leakage should be minimal days after your procedure and your dressing shows that its not minimal.  Getting a second opinion at this point is not worth much since you simply have to ride this out and hope for the best.

Infection

Hello,If your inframammary incision is open and leaking fluid, I'm concerned about your implant. Multiple surgeries don't make skin weak.  I think you need to see another surgeon. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implant infection

You have an implant infection which will require removal of the implant for a period of time to allow everything to heal before its replacement.

You have an infection

regardless of what your incisions look like right now, a fever of 101 and breast feeling warm are not normal things. You need to see your surgeon right away. If you cannot get a hold of him/her, I would go to the emergency room. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Yes you should see your surgeon today

Assuming that the crease incision was for implants, there are real reasons to be concerned about implant infection. Those holes in the incision and the drainage and fever are very worrisome and the implant might need to be removed if it is infected.

Possible infection

Thank you for the photos and question and YES I would see my surgeon or other expert in the field ASAP and be evaluated.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. Your description does sound concerning and I think that you should let your plastic surgeon know what your specific concerns at this time (ASAP). I think you should do so before seeking "opinion of a second surgeon".   Your plastic surgeon, knowing your entire history, with be in the best position  to help you with accurate diagnosis, advice, and treatment recommendations.  Your plastic surgeon's thoughts may change once you let him know of the presence of fevers, pain, and drainage. Best wishes.