10 weeks post op tummy tuck. (photos)

I am 10 weeks post op, will this improve? What went wrong?

What went wrong?

You don't specifically point out what the problem is but excess skin when sitting will ALWAYS happen or you would not be able to stand up straight.  If you feel the skin is too thick, liposuction can always be done to help improve on your outcome.  You had an extensive tummy tuck with your incisions going beyond the normal 'endpoints' of a traditional tummy tuck and with standing, your results appear very good.  Regardless, its always best to see your surgeon and vent your concerns to see if anything can be done to help improve your outcome.

Result

Thank you for the photos but an examination is really needed.  So see your surgeon or other exxpert in the area and get an opinion after an examination.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Post tummy tuck results

I would certainly discuss your results with your surgeon. Your current pictures are markedly different from your early post op picture. 

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Since there has been a change in your post operative course, contact your surgeon for an in person exam to determine the cause.  I would suggest you wear your compression garment to promote healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks for your question.  It appears that you have swelling, particularly below your belly button.  This is very common after abdominoplasty, and may be constant or increase as the day goes along.  I would recommend that you continue to follow up with your surgeon so that they can monitor your progress as well as examine your abdomen to ensure that there are no fluid collections.  At 10 weeks you are still within the healing phase, and so changes can still be expected for the next few months before you reach a stable appearance.  Again, I recommend to continue seeing your surgeon so that he/she can examine you and make recommendations.

Soumo Banerji, MD
Pasadena Physician

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon