10 day post-op from a mini tummy tuck and still can't walk straight?

I'm 10 days post op from a mini tummy tuck and I still can't walk straight. When I try to make myself stand straight I feel a tightness that is really uncomfortable. My Plastic surgeon said that most people stand straight within the first week. I'm getting frustrated and hope it's ok that I'm still hunched. How much longer do u think it will take for me to start walking straight?

Mini tummy tuck post op

It can take a few weeks until you are able to stand upright, everyone is different. Try and be patient and let yourself heal, don't push it. Speak to your surgeon and see what their advice is.

10 days post-op form a mini tummy tuck and still can't walk straight?

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty standing straight up, but don't despair, it can sometimes take 2 to 3 weeks for the tight feeling to resolve.  Check back with your surgeon for their suggestions for standing straighter, but give things time to heal and settle.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon