1 month after revisional functional + cosmetic rhino, could my nostrils be uneven b/c of swelling? Is this scar tissue? (Photo)

It looks like the side of the inside of my nose is swollen up. The outside near the top of my left nostril feels like it has a hardish bump too. I know the tip in general is swollen. Saw dr. 2 weeks ago and he said it was swelling but neither thing has changed at ALL and I'm very nervous and extremely depressed. It's really noticeable in person. Inside nostril, bump is where he said he made an incision. Also incision on base of nose (open rhino). Osteotomy, lowered radix, narrowed/defined tip.

Dear purpleandblue, Revision rhinoplasty surgery be associated with more swelling then primary surgery and often takes some patience as the swelling slowly dissipates. I would wait a few more months and see your surgeon often for reassurance and at that time you will have a better indication of what portion is swelling. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.