How long do I have to wait after IPL/microdermabrasion to do Botox?

I want to do botox on my face. I have a gift certificcate. I also have a package for the IPL and microdermabrasion. How should I schedule these? How much time in between the IPL/micro and the botox? Which should I do first?

BOTOX®, IPL and microdermabrasion can all be done on the same day.

The good news is that there’s no reason why you can’t have all of these procedures done on the same day. They will not interfere with one another or affect your overall outcome. If you do opt to have all procedures done on the same day, schedule the IPL and microdermabrasion first, followed by the BOTOX® treatment. If you decide to split up the treatments between two days, I’d recommend getting the BOTOX® done first, only because it may take between several days and several weeks for the effects of BOTOX® to take hold.

IPL/microdermabrasion after Botox

Botox may be done directly after having IPL or Microdermabrasion. It can be safely administered after any non-fractionated laser, but should not be injected after any treatment which causes moderate swelling, including chemical peels.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

You can schedule a Microdermabrasion & IPL treatment the same day as botox. Be sure to schedule your botox after your IPL and microdermabrasion treatments. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Time between Botox/IPL/Microdermabrasion

Hi blucroo27,

Thank you posting your question. You can have Botox the same day as either of these treatments as there is no contraindication between them. Patients in our office schedule their IPL or microdermabrasion before their Botox due to the fact that we require them to remain upright for 4 hours post Botox treatments. Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael J. Brown

Microdermabrasion, IPL and Botox on the same day?

It is recommended to stay upright for a couple of hours after botulinum toxin injections, therefore I would recommend starting with a microdermabrasion or the IPL treatment, followed by the injections. TZ  

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD, FRCSC
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

How Long To Wait For Botox After IPL/Microdermabrasion

I would wait at least one week after Botox or fillers to have these procedures done.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Same day treatments

IPL/micro and Botox treatments are done on the same day at our office without any problems.  I would recommend scheduling your IPL first and Botox after since we generally request patients to remain upright for a few hours after injection.

David Stoker, MD

IPL and Botox Same Day

Hi BluCroo.  We perform these services (actually laser and injections instead of IPL) on the same day and never have a problem.  We always do the laser treatments first in the case where we are doing both on the same day.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox with IPL and Microdermabrasion

Thank you for your question.  In my practice, these treatments could be done on the same day. However, I would recommend that the Botox injections be performed after the microdermabrasion or IPL treatment to avoid any possible manipulation of the Botox placement and the possibility of de-naturing its effect from the heat. In regards to the IPL photofacial and microdermabrasion, there are a few factors that I consider when deciding the treatment plan.  Some of those factors include your Fitzpatrick skin type, the conditions being treated, and the level of treatment.  Occasionally, we do combine mild dermabrasion with IPL, but if a deeper treatment was recommended, I would perform the microdermabrasion and IPL 5 to 7 days apart.  

Sincerely,
Dr. John Serrao

IPL/Microderm and BOTOX

I would do IPL and BOTOX or Dysport
on the same day but not at the same time. IPL should be done first and then I would do BOTOX at least one hour later. Microdermabrasion can be done
during the next day or two.
Good luck to you.