3 days post op and my boobs are square looking. It looks so scary! (photos)

I got 400 cc mentors silicone high profile under the muscle 3 days ago. I am a little worried because it looks hideous. I know there is a lot of swelling. But this is normal? I was pretty flat before with very little tissue.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Implants will settle and your skin will stretch

and as it does, you will attain a more normal look.  Always keep your surgeon updated on your concerns and you should be instructed on maneuvers to help bring it down more quickly, such as use of a strap or band.  I also believe in massage that that is not shared among the membership.  If your results do not meet your expectations, you will always be able to consider revisions to further improve your outcome.

Curtis Wong, MD

3 days post op and my boobs are square looking. It looks so scary!

It is way too early to be concerned about the appearance of your breasts 3 days after breast augmentation. I tell my patients that it is fairly normal to have upper pole fullness after placement of breast implants under the muscle. After your pocket stretches and the swelling resolves, your breasts will look more "normal." Sometimes it can take 3-6 months for the implants to settle. Be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon if you are still worried. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD