What Options Would Allow me to Lose 2-3 Years on the Face? (photo)

Hi, I need advice on deciding upon a procedure, either surgical or non-invasive, that would allow me to look 2-3 years younger than I am. Should I get radiesse or would I need a facelift or what? Based on the photos, please make a guess about my chronological age. I haven't mentioned it, just so to prove a point. Thanks alot.

Doctor Answers 9

What Options Would Allow me to Lose 2-3 Years on the Face?

From the photos, you face doesn't appear aged however, it could be more angular which equates, IMHO, to ruggedly handsome.  The easiest thing to start with is a soft tissue filler, like Perlane to create more angular cheeks and Rdaiesse to create a more flared jaw line.  Both are performed as office procedures.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Options without surgery to look younger

I'm guessing you are in your mid to late twenties. The only thing I really see is that you look a bit "tired" with some dark circles beneath your eyes. This might be able to be helped with either Restylane or simply some good skin care products, perhaps even a chemical peel. I think your hair looks better in the last photo. Makes you look young. Maybe consider a new hairdo!

Ronald Schuster, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

Consider fillers, NOT a face lift

The only issue I see is some flatness in the mid face region/ under eye area. Either Radiesse or Restylane would be good options depending on how near the eye needs to be injected. I prefer Restylane for tear troughs and Radiesse for mid face. (Some prefer Juvederm for tear troughs) Sometimes we use more than one filler in one session. This is a very tricky area so please make sure you are seeing someone with quite a bit of experience. I would recommend going to the Radiesse (Merz), Restylane (Medicis) and Juvederm (Allergan) websites and finding someone in your area who is a trainer for two or all of the companies. Of course, if I were to see you in person, I might have a different opinion, so find a good physician and listen to their recommendations. Best to you.

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Undereye treatment

You can try fillers to replace any sagging contours or volume loss, although you don't look that old to start with. You may benefit from addressing the undereye circles and bags.

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 140 reviews

Voluma will give years back to your face

It looks as if you may need more volume to give you softer contours to your face. Voluma is a facial filler said to last 2 years which will restore volume while adding natural moisture in your skin. Consult with your doctor to find out if this is the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Lower eyelid hollowing

People with south asian or middle-eastern heritage often have significant hollowing in the lower eyelids and upper cheeks, which can make them look older and more tired. I would recommend Restylane injections into the lower eyelids with possible additional filler into the upper cheeks. I think you will find this will make a big difference for you. Make sure to find someone experienced in under eye injections. Best of luck!

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 167 reviews

Sculptra is a Good Option for Rejuvenation

I see many patients who are seeing the first signs of aging, and are not candidates for facelift surgery. I believe Sculptra treatments work very well as they rebuild collagen to replace what is missing. Younger patients can stabilize the descent of the facial tissues, and then go on a maintenance program of treatments every 6-12 months.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Options for a young man to look younger

I would guess you to be in the early to mid twenties. You look fine to me. If anything an injection with Restylane or Juvederm  in the tear trough under your lower lids would help with the circles. You are too young for any kind of lift.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

Treatments to look younger

You look like you are in your early 20s. I would suggest not doing any surgery and would question anyone who wants to perform surgery on you. You look fine.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 271 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.