I need to loose 15 pounds mostly on my belly?

I am considering a lipo ... I don't understand why it's not a weight loss after seeing all the pic before and after sound's Like a weight loss to me but I'm confuse

Bellys do great with liposuction.

Liposuction can make it look as if you lost a lot of weight even though it may only be a few pounds. Tummy lipo is easy to undergo under local tumescent with the micro cannulas and for roughly $5000 on special with you being back to work in 2 days. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for Sculpting or Weight Loss?? Ask Dr Ellen

Hi Nathalie,

Liposuction is intended to sculpt, or contour, an area of the body. The best results are achieved when small, or localized, areas of excess fat are treated.

By way of example, a belly could be a good area to treat when it is moderately out of proportion to either the chest, buttocks or thighs. In this case there may be a weight loss noted several months after the surgery however the purpose of the surgery was to improve the contour and shape. The goal of liposuction is to create better proportions, not to achieve weight loss.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

Thanks for asking! Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss post or pre lipo

Liposuction is NOT a substitute for dieting and exercise.It isdesigned to remove diet resistant areas of excess fatty tissue.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

The best results from liposuction occur when the procedure is combined with a regimen of overall weight loss and health. That may explain some of your confusion on before/after photos.

It's not unusual to actually weigh more after the procedure, especially in the short term. Liposuction should not be used or promoted for weight loss.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Weight Management

Liposuction can give you the appearance that you've lost weight, but because fat is very low density, the actual amount of weight lost is minimal.

I try to direct my patients away from focusing on weight, and more on wellness and appearance. Liposuction is a great way to jumpstart a healthy lifestyle, but without the other pieces in play (diet, exercise and psychological wellness) the results will be short-lived and limited.

Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if liposuction is right for you.

Liposuction can definitely improve contours, but it may not reduce the weight by much.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.