I had gastric bypass 12 yrs ago. I have saggy breasts and loose skin in the tummy and arms. How can I pay for surgery? (Photo)

.im on Medicaid are there any option available to help with the expense of having this done.

About a Mommy Makeover after Extreme Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss success! It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  

Financing

Try United medical Credit
Here is the info they sent us.
We have patients from Washington who had their MMOs with us.
If interested let us know, you can contact them so you know the quality of our work.

Here is the info
United Medical Credit now offers medical practices and providers a NO COST option for financing patients.
This program is a NO COST program for providers with NO discounts or merchant fees and with NO annual fees and NO enrollment fees with direct funding to the patients.
FEATURES:
NO merchant fees, NO discounts, NO enrollment costs, NO annual fees. NO COSTS to practice whatsoever.
Patient gets funded directly.
Fast funding in 1 to 2 business days with no paperwork for the Practice to complete.

Loan amounts from $1,000 to $25,000.

I had gastric bypass 12 yrs ago. I have saggy breasts and loose skin in the tummy and arms. How can I pay for surgery?

Thank you for your picture and question. First of all let me congratulate you on your weight loss! Many patients after significant weight loss have problems with excess skin of the breasts and body that often require surgical intervention. 

Some private insurances will pay for skin removal of the abdomen if pre-approved before surgery. This would require you to meet certain criteria, which can be different for each insurance company. Unfortunately, Medicaid will not pre-approve these types of procedures prior to surgery and based on your picture, I think you have a very high likelihood of being denied for coverage post-op based on the amount of excess skin. The breast procedures are mostly considered cosmetic and are only approved by insurance in very specific situations of medical necessity. 

With those options being out, that leaves you with covering the surgical costs out of pocket. There are companies out there such as Care Credit that can offer some financing for cosmetic procedures such as this. If you choose to have a tummy tuck at the same time as your breast surgery (a "mommy makeover"), you are probably looking in the neighborhood of $10-15K. Please see the link provided for more information on pricing on this website. Make sure you see a board certified (ABPS) plastic surgeon to discuss your options and get a price quote.

Good luck and be safe!

There are many options. First, you should seek consultation with an experienced surgeon and your list of desired surgeries written in the order of importance to you. Then the surgeon can craft a plan, usually doing mor than one of the surgeries at a time t save you both money and time, and the office will give you quotes for each step. Then comes the financing. I will leave a web reference below to the options. Hope this helps.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mommy Makeover - Payment Options

Thank you for your question and congratulations on all of your weight loss. Care Credit often offers different options to finance cosmetic surgery. I suggest searching on CareCredit.com for payment plan options. Also, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see exactly what the cost will be for your desired procedures. Hope this helps and good luck.