Remark on pre & post-op upper and lower bleph? My PS says he did a wonderful job. I'm almost 4 months post-op (Photos)

This is extremely upsetting. I obviously have bad luck choosing a decent PS. These are pics of my upper and lower blephs. I am almost 4 months out. my PS says he did an excellent job and refuses to discuss this anymore or even see me. What do you think?????

Poor Quad Blepharoplasties with poor outcome, what do I do?

Hi Leisa,

Thanks for your question and photos.  I am extremely sorry that you are having a hard time with your surgeon. You result is certainly less than ideal. You certainly had bilateral upper eyelid ptosis or droopy eyelid that should have been corrected when you had your initial surgery as well as sclera show or a lower eyelid that is lower than it should be. Your eyebrows are now lower than they were before which should have been discussed with your before the surgery as this is common when an upper eyelid surgery is done. Herrings law. I would get several other opinions by board certified plastic surgeons or board certified oculoplastic surgeons or board certified facial plastic surgeons. It certainly is fixable, but you need to have both eyes corrected. I do not believe that your issues can be corrected without surgery. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@blepharoplasties @pooroutcome @docmata #drcarlosmata

Your surgeon is unprofessional.

Many surgeons are accustom to adoration from their patients and can't handle criticism, which prompts the circle the wagon mentality.  Comparing the before and after photos, your eyelids were very compromised before this recent surgery.  You had bilateral upper eyelid ptosis with bilateral hollow upper eyelid sulcus. In the after picture, you are now actually more droopy and your eyelash ptosis is worse.  The lower eyelid contours are better but aesthetically, overall, you are worse.  The eyelid margin was compromised before this recent surgery but it is now worse.  Also the skin that was removed has caused an outward rotation of the lower eyelid margin so you are not seeing the inner eyelid margin-not a good thing.  Unfortunately this obviously passes as a good result for your surgeon.  In fairness, the preoperative status of your eyelids makes it impossible for them to be improved with standard methods.  At four months out, It is reasonable for you to consider repairing these eyelids.  This work is complex.  I am attaching a free ebook that discusses how this is done.  Also the accompanying video demonstrates how the upper eyelid could be improved.  While it is possible to powerfully restore the appearance of your eyes.  However, it requires specialized aesthetic reconstructive methods.  You will need to travel for this type of work.

Unhappy with results from cosmetic surgery

I'm so sorry you are unhappy with your results.  It does appear your lid position is a bit low for the lower lid and you do not have a significant improvement in your upper lid.  I think at this point if your surgeon will not discuss your concerns it would be reasonable to consult with another surgeon.  Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with revisional blepharoplasty.  In the mean time, I would recommend lubrication drops as your eyes appear more red than normal and do massage in an upward direction of your lower lid.  Again I'm sorry about your frustration and hope you find a surgeon who will address your concerns soon.  

Kelly Killeen, MD