Would PRP be a good treatment?

I am 21 years old and I thining and losing hair on a daily basis. Would prp be a good treatment for somebody who doesnt want to risk the side effects of finasteride

PRP @21. Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion you need to be evaluated by a hair expert. Provided that you do have male pattern hair loss, PRP has been excellent for younger individuals. We have found that it increases hair thickness, decreases hair loss, speeds hair growth  and stimulates regrowth of hair that has been dormant for less than three years. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP would be a great treatment for you, most likely. It is often chosen over Finasteride because of the side effects experienced. I would recommend seeing a specialist first to see your health history and to check your candidacy for a PRP treatment.

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

That’s a good question.Patients seeking alternatives to oral medications like Finasteride can consider PRP for thinning hair.Without a full examination it is difficult to say if it is the right treatment for you, but given your age, I think it is definitely worth investigating.PRP has been shown to help with thinning of the hair in cases where the follicle has not completely regressed.I would recommend seeking a consultation with a qualified provider.Best of luck.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

PRP Treatment

Thank you for your question.Yes, PRP treatment of your scalp could potentially be a good option for you.If you are losing your hair or having thinning at a young age, this is the time when PRP could potentially be of most benefit to you before your hair follicles completely regress.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

In our practice we use a combination of treatments for hair loss, I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation of treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP and Stem Cell therapy

PRP is a restorative regenerative treatment that improves the tissue it is injected into.  In the hair restoration field, it shows great improvement in healing post procedure and can also be used annually (depending on the method used) to reverse the aging process of follicles. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Always a good choice

The PRP treatment will definitely improve the quality of your hair and will help regenerate the hair that has weakened. It is a great treatment when used the right way. It is recommended to have the treatment done at least once a year. 
I recommend you to have a consultation to also go through other treatments that can be combined with the PRP in order to achieve your goal.
As specialists we always look for the best possible treatment that will give you the best results.
Great of lucks and I hope this was helpful.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon