Can I get away with implants only? (Photo)

I know I'm saggy but I can deal with that. But I hate how my breast have lost upper fullness...even in a bra. They remind me of a ski slope. Also I have an ideation from where a lump was removed. Ideally I would have a lift and implants. However, I really don't want the scars from the lift. Please give your opinion as to how my breast would look with implants only. Thanks

Can I get away with implants only?

Implants alone will not give you upper pole fullness. If you undergo an augmentation without a lift, you will have the same problem you have now - only larger. Please view the video below to see what current breast lifting technology can achieve. Lesser scars and without the extra cost, maintenance, risks/complications associated with breast implants.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug vs lift

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to suggest sizing without examining your breasts (as no breasts are exactly the same) and evaluating breast measurements. Implants will give you more upper pole/superior fullness, but a lift will place your tissues and nipples in the correct position.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Can I get away with implants only?

Thanks for your picture and question.  It is difficult to make an accurate recommendation on one picture alone.  In patients that are borderline for a lift, an augmentation only can be done but the results will be different.  Generally, the implants will sit lower on the chest as they will often be placed above the muscle.  The upper pole fullness that you desire may not last very long with this approach.  To get the best info, an in person exam with a board certified plastic surgeon would be ideal.

Naveen Setty, MD

Lift or no Lift

Thank you for the question. With an in-person exam your Plastic Surgeon can determine if the areolas have descended far enough that they will not be well positioned with implants underneath. When a lift is required, but not done- the implants can sit high with tissue hanging off the front, or in a submammary position, may create a ball in sock look over time.

When it is appropriate to use implants alone, the sagging or deflation has not caused the nipples to descend to the breast crease or below, and the patient's expectations are that they will have a less than perky looking result. It would be worth discussing all of your options in person with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best 

Breast Augmntation and Mastopexy (lift): information

Dear Ms. Alb20,

Thank you for your story, questions and photos. Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

Based solely on your photos your are borderline if you would need a mastopexy (lift).
The more "natural look" you want the less the likely you would require a mastopexy.
My response/recommendations:
1) the reason your breast sags is that the "skin covering" is proportional larger than the breast tissue.
2) the majority of your breast tissue is below where the breast mound should anatomically be located.
3)if you refill the volume only(breast implant)... the nipple areolar complex (NAC) will tend to rotate over the top of the implant like a waterfall resulting in a full breast mound but unfortunately a downward rotation and location of the NAC.
4)the only method known to create a aesthestically acceptable breast will require trading
incisions/scars on the breast for a pleasing contour and relocating the NAC.
5)depending on your desires (shape and size) the scar may vary from:
A) just around the nipple (doughnut)
B) to a added vertical incision (lollipop)
C) to include a horizontal incsion in the breast crease (anchor).
6)while breast incisions/scars are required....there are ways to modulate/improve the
appearance of the scarring process.
7) you could always start with a augmentation only and if you like the appearance= great
if you want a more sculpted breast with a higher NAC then you could undergo a lift ( often just under local anesthesia).
8) select 3 nude model photos of breast you consider your goal breasts and bring with you to your consultation.

Please make a appt. with several experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Can I get away with implants only

I think implants alone can be done, if you are willing to accept larger breasts that are not higher up on your rib cage. They will look natural and larger, but not perky and in time the upper pole fullness will lessen as the skin stretches

Julio Garcia, MD

Can I get away with implants only?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, I think that you would benefit from a lift with implants.  To make this determination, you would require an in-person consultation and examination with measurements of your breast dimensions.  In my practice, this gives me an initial guide for an appropriate range of implant sizes to choose from.  My patients then try different implant sizers within a normal bra while wearing a tight t-shirt to find the implant that gives the best look.  Don't focus too much on cup size or volume size but more on the look that you like.  I do believe that a lift in addition to implants will allow your surgeon the freedom and best ability to contour and position your breasts in the most optimal fashion.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lif Only?

Hi alba20

Looking at your pic, I do not think that you will be able to get by with just a lift.  I think an exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will confirm this.

Although most people are initially concerned about scars, in the end they fade and usually are not a big concern.

All the best.

Se

Can I get away with implants only?

Hello and thank-you for your question and photo.

It is difficult to give you any meaningful advise based on the photo included. It is best to have an in-person consultation at which time a physical exam with measurement can be done. The decision for your treatment plan depends on a number of factors, including the size of augmentation that you would feel comfortable with and your expectations.   I would recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in breast augmentations and lifts.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos, MD FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Have a breast lift with your breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your photos and questions.Based on your pictures alone I would feel but you do require a lift. It is always best to see a board-certified plastic surgeon in person. 

With time the scars from the lift will mature and fade.  However, I believe a lift will give you much better results, By repositioning the nipple to a higher position, restoring the upper pole fullness that you desire and better anchoring the breast implant which will add volume    

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills CA

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS