How Long Should I Wait After Having Lipo in my Abdomen to Having a Full TT?

I want to have a mommy makeover Lipo with fat transfer to the buttock breast ugmentation and full tummy tuck. I would like to know how long should I wait before getting the tt. Thanks

Staging a mommy makeover

I recommend that you undergo procedures 3 to 6 months apart. It takes more time and effort but produces a better result.  Your surgeon will be able to evaluate the outcome of the first surgery, you will not be "blitzed" by having too much surgery at once and needing to take care of your child(ren) and will have a more optimal outcome. 

Staging a mommy makeover

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Timing A Tummy Tuck After Liposuction For Fat Transfer

Dear Jusi418,  Thanks for the question.  There are a number of good reasons to wait at least 3 months or more before having a tummy tuck after you have had liposuction performed on your abdomen.  With any surgery including liposuction, there is swelling which will take not days or weeks to resolve but months.  The majority of the swelling will be gone shortly after surgery but the final amount of swelling takes months to go away.  Swelling makes the tissues stiffer and harder to stretch.  Liposuction also causes scarring and waiting three months or more will allow the scarring to soften making the tissues easier to stretch.  Lastly, while liposuction does preserve most of the blood vessels, there is some trauma to the blood vessels which can diminish the blood supply to the abdominal flap that is repositioned in a tummy tuck.  This can result in wound healing complications.  Again, another good reason to wait.  

From another point of view, one of the other responders mentioned that fat transfers often require a second visit to fine tune the result; something that can be performed during your second surgery. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Liposuction and tummy tuck timing

For most procedures, including this one, I recommend a minimum of a three month wait between procedures. If the amount of liposuction is minimal, sometimes tummy tuck and liposuction can be performed at the same time.

Liposuction and tummy tuck timing

Tummy tuck after abdomen lipo

You should wait at least 3 months for the majority of edema and hardness to resolve from the lipo before proceeding with a tummy tuck to obtain maximum results.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Tummy tuck after abdomen lipo

Wait at Least Three Months

Liposuction induces scar tissue and scar tissue will make the tissue less pliable. You will get a better result when the tissue has returned to normal and the scar has softened  - usually 3-6 months.

Wait at Least Three Months

You could have the consultation now

See the plastic surgeon now, the time interval between the lipo and further surgery can be discussed then. Usually it is between 3 and 6 monhs.

You could have the consultation now

Tummy Tuck after Liposuction of Abdomen?

Ideally, I would suggest waiting at least 3 to 6 months in between operations. This will allow you and your surgeon to evaluate the results of the liposuction surgery and  plan the tummy tuck surgery  based on the  results achieved with the liposuction surgery.

Your operating plastic surgeon may have more precise advice regarding timing of the tummy tuck surgery in relation to the previous buttock surgery as well.

Timing of Tummy Tuck After Lipo

Timing of a series of plastic surgeries depends upon why they were selected. If you first decided for liposuction and then changed your mind for a full tummy tuck I would recommend waiting until your lipo results have settled and you have gotten full skin retraction. If your lipo was staged as a first procedure to enhace your final results of the MMO then timing is less critical. Your surgeon can judge when the tissues are ready and you should be in peak medical condition.

Timing of Tummy Tuck After Lipo

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

It all depends on how much fat was removed during your liposuction, and wether external or internal ultrasond was used during your liposuction . One should wait at least two months before considering full abdominoplasty which give your skjin enough time to retract and soft tissue swelling subside. If you are not in a rush the longer you wait the better results could be achieved by waiting longer. 

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

How long to wait following lipo for tummy tuck

I am not sure why the procedure can not be performed in one sitting depending on what your appearance is now. Lipo could be performed of the love handle region and be used for the buttock augmentation and then you are turned onto your back and the mommy makeover is performed. If you have more fatty tissue of your abdomen and the surgeon has recommended lipo first, then I would agree with the other surgeons and you should wait months before the abdominoplasty is performed. Yes sometimes touch ups are necessary of the buttock augmentation, but it should be minor.