How Long Should You Wait After an Activefx To do ultherapy, Botox, thermage, sculptra?

Timeframe to Wait After Active FX for Further Treatments

Thank you for your question. I would wait until your skin is completely healed and back to normal from Active FX before considering other cosmetic treatments.  I would recommend a  consult and treatment under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best results and safest treatment options.  I hope this helps!

What is the downtime for Active FX ?

Hello and thanks for the question.

Your question has several answers and i"ll try and give you a short summary: Injectables, such as Scupltra, Juvederm, Radiesse, etc, should be performed once all swelling has resided so that the anatomy is well delineated.  I would recommend waiting no less than 3 weeks after an Active FX treatment before considering alloplastic injectables on the face. Neuromodulator treatments, with products such as Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport, may be performed sooner -  I would argue that this may be performed as soon as the skin is re-epithelialzed and stable from a "healing" standpoint - perhaps as little as a week after the laser treatment.  Lastly, I would wait at least a few months ( 3 or so ) prior to considering supplementary treatments such as radio frequency ( Thermage). 

Prior to considering any supplemental treatments following an ActiveFX laser resurfacing, make sure to run it past your surgeon so as to avoid any potential risks / side effects.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD