How Long Do the Results of Vaginal Rejuvenation Last?

I am considering vaginal rejuvenation to tighten my vagina to be the same as it was when I first started having sex. It was tight for the forst 2 years after having sex and now has doubled in size. I started off being very tight, so some would consider me avergae size, but I miss the way it used to be :( If I get this procedure how long will it last? Some say it goes back to the previous condition pretty quickly! No one has clear answers regarding the lasting result.

How long will Vaginal Rejuvenation last?

It's wonderful that you're really concerned with the longevity of your surgical results. Vaginal rejuvenation should be long term and the results should last a lifetime. There will be an amount of relaxation that does naturally occur over time due to age and gravity, but you should never return to the same amount of relaxation that you're feeling right now. Of course, vaginal trauma such as vaginal delivery will negatively impact your results. Cheers! 

How long will the vagina stay tight?

This is a great question- the results of vaginal tightening typically last a lifetime. However, a new vaginal delivery may stretch out the vagina again. Also, with age, tissues lose elasticity and some loosening is inevitable. That is why I tend to over tighten by 10%... Because some loosening is predictable. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation: Are the Results Permanent

The vaginal tightening produced by a vaginal rejuvenation procedure should withstand reasonable degrees of stretching without loosening. This assumes that you're talking about a true multi-layered repair of the the muscles as well as the skin. Having vaginal childbirth after the procedure will certainly destroy any tightening procedure, but sex is unlikely to undo the procedure.

The Long Lasting Results of Vaginal Rejuvenation

Perhaps this information will provide you with further insight. Many patients who have tried #kegels for years feel the results are not as successful as vaginal rejuvenation can be. Kegels will further maintain the results of the rejuvenation surgery and may continue to strengthen the vaginal floor.
Candidates of #VaginalRejuvenation or #Vaginoplasty surgery are women who desire a more youthful appearance and function of the vulva and vaginal area. For some women, the effects of childbirth, aging, trauma, and/or genetics, causes their vaginal tissue and muscles to become stretched, which results in loss of strength and tone in the vaginal area. This may result in decreased intimacy and sexual satisfaction. In some cases, the laxity of tissues can be visible.
The lining of the vagina can be reduced, removing excess and redundant mucosa decreasing the diameter of the canal. Additionally, the muscle ring, pubococcygeus, at the entrance or introitus can be tightened. Aesthetic Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area.
Vaginoplasty can also be carried down to the area below the vulva and above the anus, the perineum.This area may be irregular from childbirth or previous trauma. It can be corrected with excision and closure to further enhance the region.
If necessary, this may be combined with a #Labiaplasty which is a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the #labia. Labia minora are the inner lips of the vagina that cover the female clitoris and vaginal opening. Women with excessively large labia may experience pain during sexual relations, feel discomfort during normal activities or while wearing tight clothing. Or, the labia may be asymmetric or may #hang below the labia majora (the outer lips of the vagina) which some women find this unattractive. At times the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small. The size may be increased with fat injections.
Candidates for treatment include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.The specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.
The best procedure approach will be discussed in more detail during your in-person one-on-one consultation.

Vaginoplasty and labiaplasty results

Great question. Vaginoplasty and labiaplasty results are long term. However, based on genetic factors and the amount of tissue laxity, the results may need to be 'perked up' in the future. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

The effects of a vaginoplasty with muscle tightening should last for many years. Some individuals will become lax earlier than others but the procedure usually has a lasting effect.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Will results of vaginoplasty last?

Every patient is different with how they heal and how long the results last.  I don't think that any surgeon can guarantee that the results will last forever.  The body changes with time and will continue to do so.

The final results from a labiaplasty should last years, assuming no health issue, significant weight change, or pregnancy.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty, if performed correctly, should last.  The issue, of course, will be stretching.  Scar tissue, which is created by the operation during the healing process, will be less stretched than natural tissue.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Effect of rejuvenation

It depends on what technique is used and how much of tissue is removed/tightened. While some degree of stretching is inevitable, I am afraid there is no answer that will be applicable to all patients.

Anindya Lahiri, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon