How Long is Laser Hair Removal Safe?

I've been having laser hair removal done for the past 3 years now and I still have alot of growth. Is this laser not working n me, do I need to change clinics. How long have laser been studied for, how long can I be exposed to it?

Safety of Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question. As long as you are not having burns, the laser should be safe.  If you are not getting results, see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with expertise in laser surgery, and look for 755 or 1064 lasers.  I like the Candela and Cynosure lasers.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser Hair Removal should not have to go on for three years

If you are still having so much re-growth then there may be some underlying endocrine problem.  I would have a consultation with a reputable board certified dermatologist to see if it was the laser, the settings, or some other medical reason why your laser hair is not working and you are having so much re-growth.

Michele S. Green, MD