Can I get a surgery to get rid of my eyelid crease? (Photo)

Hi I'm wondering if there is a way you can get rid of a Caucasian type eyelid crease. I like the lifted look without a crease it kind of looks Asian. I think the crease is too masculine. Maybe an eye or forehead with and bone bossing I really want this look in second picture or something similar. I also need to fix the asymmetry and make it more almond shaped. I understand this not a popular surgery

Doctor Answers 3

Making smaller is possible with subclinical ptosis correction

It is possible to make your fold very smaller like as Asian eye.
You have subclinical ptosis and asymmetry and it also could be fixed.

South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Unrealistic Goals

What you are asking for is neither advisable nor is there a predictable way to perform this procedure.  The eyelid crease is formed by the insertion of the levator aponeurosis to the skin and tarsal plate of the upper eyelid.  Removing the eyelid crease would require a removal of this attachment and could make the ptosis shown in the photo worse.  Be careful what you ask for!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Not a good idea

Thank you for sharing your interesting question and sharing your photos. The look you are inquiring about is considered over-done. When you raise your eyebrows in the 2nd photo, you have a deep sulcus which is considered an older person's appearance. It can also give an artificial look to the eyelids. I prefer the appearance of your eyelids in your 1st photo. Make an appointment with an oculoplastic surgeon for full evaluation in person. Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 144 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.