I have a dorsal hump due to trauma. How would you be able to remove this? (Photo)

So when I was I think 8 I opened the car door to my nose. Now I'm 14 about to turn 15 and have a dorsal hump. Before I caused trauma it was perfectly fine. Anyway I was wondering how would you be able to remove this, like it's not that big.

Nasal hump

The hump looks like a natural hump, rather than traumatic.
In any event, a rhinoplasty is needed to remove it. I would also recommend making your tip more refined.  Then you should think of a chin implant, to enhance your beauty.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump due to trauma

Hi.  Your dorsal hump or bump is absolutely 100% NOT due to your trauma.  Obviously trauma is not good and can damage the nose, inside and out but your type of dorsal hump is 100% due to your mom and dad's genes! You had a great nose at 8 as most 8 year olds do and only in teenage years does the nose take its adult form and show humps, etc.  But it can be removed or reduced and you can have a nicer nose.  At least based on this one picture I would also think your tip would benefit from work as well to make it more feminine and fit the rest of the nose better once the hump is treated.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty

The dorsal hump can be removed easily with a closed rhinoplasty.  The closed technique will decrease the amount of swelling you will have.

John Burns, MD

Broken nose

Its tough to tell but is you nose crooked to the right side of your face? If so then after you remove any bump you will need the bones on the sides of your nose straightened to the middle of your face. Be careful that someome doesn't take it down too far which might not look natural or keep you from breathing well. Have your parents bring you in at 15 for a surgery to be done when you are 16. The nose is still growing until then. Make sure the office you go to will work with your insurance if it a badly crooked fracture.

Garrett H. Bennett, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty

A small dorsal hump such as yours is an excellent candidate for a closed, endonasal, no scar rhinoplasty with very natural results. You have to understand that there is no such thing as the “perfect” nose. As rhinoplasty surgeons, we are able to improve the structure and function of the nose to address specific issues you have with how your nose looks and and how well you can breathe. Perfect symmetry does not exist in nature. Attempts to improve the symmetry of your nose should be aimed at achieving an improvement in your asymmetry to the point where it is no longer very noticeable. If you look carefully enough, you will always be able to find imperfections. The goal is a normal looking nose that is in harmony with the rest of your anatomy.

Dorsal hump

A dorsal hump can be removed by shaving it down. I usually wait to operate on young ladies until they are at least 15 or 16.  Good luck.  You will need your parents' permission.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dorsal nasal hump reduction

The nasal dorsal hump was removed from inside the nose using shaving of the cartilage that is contributing to the lower half of your hump and then a chisel to remove the bony part of the hump in the superior one half.  After that the sides of the nose also broken using chisels to enable bringing together the nasal bones to achieve symmetry and a narrowed dorsum.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have a dorsal hump due to trauma. How would you be able to remove this? Rhinoplasty

Good question, and thank you for the great photo.  You would need to sit down with a board certified plastic surgeon to talk about a rhinoplasty.  This will get rid of the hump on your nose, and at the same time you can look at before and after photos of his/her work.  You can also do computer imaging to see how you want your nose to look, and what to expect after surgery.  However since you are not 18 you would have to do it with one of your parents . Good luck

Dorsal hump

There are many causes for a dorsal hump after an accident, It could be due to displaced bone, or avulsed cartilage, or both. Proper correction will depend on evaluation of your case and specific treatment, which may include, cartilage grafts, re-alignemt of the nasal bones, and or filing.

Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon