Belly button hurts and I'm still swollen all uneven after lipo could I have gotten a hernia wearing the compression garment?

Something is wrong

Hernia from wearing compression garment after liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• First of all, it would be very unusual to have a hernia from wearing a compression garment.
  • Assuming your liposuction was recent, you will naturally be very swollen 
  • You won't see your final result for at least six months although things will be much better six weeks after surgery.
  • Was your liposuction done by a plastic surgeon? What is s/he telling you?
  • Can you send a photo to give us an idea of what you think is going wrong?

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

More information is necessary.  You did not give any time frame of when your surgery was, what areas were treated, photos, etc..

When in Doubt-Call Your Doctor, Liposuction Aftercare: add Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Cellutone

I'm not sure when you had your procedure. Because of your pain and concern about a hernia (which would unlikely be caused by your garment) I would recommend consulting your Dr. I also recommend RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, and hyperbaric oxygen in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction is not supposed to cause hernia and other adverse symptoms

Ask your original PS about your concerns.  Only an in-person consultation (and physical evaluation) can determine if the symptoms are just temporary, or you might need some type of revision. 

You may also seek a second opinion should the original PS cannot perform a physical evaluation or there is an issue of "trust."

Take note that liposuction is not supposed to cause hernia provided that it is properly executed.  For this reason, it is of paramount importance to select a board-certified plastic surgeon (ABPS member) who performs the sought procedure on a regular basis. 

Good luck and best wishes.