I'm I a candidate for Lipo or scar revision? (photos)

Im a 27 year old female had 2 kids gained and lost 70lvs with both pregnancys. 14 years ago i had a ovarian cyst surgically removed which left me with a slightly crooked scar that pockets in the corners. it has disformed my stomach making me self conscious and embarrassed to be in a bathing suit on public . I'm aiming for a mommy make over . Can this be revised with mini tummy tuck and lipo . also how long is the recovery time considering I have a wild 4yr old and 8month old baby

Candidates for Liposuction

Liposuction removes fat only and does not tighten the skin. A mini tummy tuck will only remove a tiny amount of the skin excess you have. Most women after childbearing with major weight fluctuations and visible scars on the abdomen need a full tummy tuck to smooth the skin, remove the fat, and flatten the belly. Expect a 2 week recovery, then 4 more weeks of no heavy exercise. It will be well worth it!

Full tummy tuck

I think that you might want to consider a full tummy tuck to excise the redundant tissue and improve your scar. Best of luck

Abdomen

In reviewing your pictures the best result would be from a tummy tuck. This would completely tighten and recontour youe belly and the old scar would be removed. I also perform liposuction of the remaining fat at the same time as a tummy tuck to help shape the remaining skin. 
Make certain you consuklt with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic  Surgery who has experience in body contouring.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Without seeing you in person, impossible to say for sure whether a mini-tummy tuck or full tummy tuck would be your best option. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss. You will be down for 2 weeks, but will need to wait at lest 4 weeks to return to regular exercise. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I'm I a candidate for Lipo or scar revision

NEITHER YOU ARE A CASNDIDATE FOR LIPOABDOMINOPLASTY WHICH MEANS A FULL TUMMYTUCK AND LIPOSUCTION COMBINED TO GIVE YOU DESIRED RESULTS

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

I'm I a candidate for Lipo or scar revision?

Looking at your pictures the scars can be completely removed and you are an excellent candidate for a full abdominoplasty to corrects flabbiness of skin and abdominal muscle separation after childbearing. Liposuction of your flanks will aid in waistline definition. the recovery is about two weeks...All the best, Dr.Brenda Pache

Brenda Pache, MD

Treatment options

A mini  abdominoplasty could certainly help make your scar look a lot better.The best results with it without question beer from a full abdominoplasty. Liposuction would be helpful if done in conjunction with a mini.Limited liposuction would be beneficial with a full abdominoplasty. The difference in recovery between a mini abdominoplasty and a full abdominoplasty is significant.And mini abdominoplasty with liposuction is relatively easy to recover from with very little risk.A full abdominoplasty is a major undertaking.Especially if you're caring for young children. 

Best, Mats Hagstrom MD 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

TT vs lipo

Hello. You would benefit most from a full tummy tuck with removal of your previous scar. Liposuction of your flanks will aid in waistline definition. Best wishes

Dr. B

Mini tummytuck or full tummy tuck or only liposuction.

From your photos it's quite obvious to me that liposuction alone will not provide a satisfactory outcome for you. It's the adhesion of the scar and the loose skin that is causing most of your deformity.

If you're planning to have additional children you might simply undergo what I would loosely call a mini tummy tuck with an incision extending across your abdomen allowing for removal of some of the extra skin. The best option however would be a full tummy tuck to obtain the most dramatic improvement and benefit. If you're planning to have additional children I would probably take the smaller step of the mini tummy tuck now but if not, I think you would be best served by having a full tummy tuck.

Discuss your options with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and good luck with your decisions.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction will not be enough

Hi, and thank you for the question.
well a liposuction will only address the localized fat and sculpt your body
and a mini tummy tuck will not be able to removed the excess of tissue and skin
so in my humble opinion a full tummy tuck would give you better results.

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD