Is it ok to have 2 surgeries in 2 month span?

Hi again. ..upon observation of a urogynecologist he noticed I had some scar tissue around my left ovary area. My obgyn wants to go in and lapriscopically remove the scar tissue w/ laser. I also intend to have an abdominoplasty soon afterwards. I had wanted to have the 2 surgeries combined but unfortunately the plastic surgeons only do procedures within their offices now and not in hospitals...I suppose to cut costs... I just want to know if its safe to do this. Mid 30s healthy

Duration between surgeries

The gap between surgeries really depends on the procedures that you are having. In your case, you are better off giving 3 to 6 months gap between your two surgeries on your abdomen. You should have recovered well enough from the first before you consider having the second one. 

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Typically I have patients wait 6 months before undergoing any other type of procedure. This is best to be discussed with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries

Everyone is different- as long as you feel up to it and are medically/surgically cleared, you can have the second procedure. Typically this is 6 weeks to 3 months.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

How Long To Wait Between Plastic Surgery and Gynecological Surgery?

Patients tend to need longer than anticipated to recover from surgery, particularly abdominal surgery. You will have bloating from the laparascopic surgery. May be safest to wait a minimum of six months. Even though it's laparoscopic surgery with small incisions, there is internal scar tissue that is created which may affect your abdominoplasty result. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that between surgeries.  Please discuss with your surgeons.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Two surgeries staged

You might want to give it some more time because you still may be swollen from your laparoscopic procedure.  Best to discuss with your surgeon. Good luck.

Span between surgeries

You may have some bloating after the gyn procedure which could slow things down. Also, in my 30+ years of practice experience, I have found that patients, both physically and psychologically, need more time than they anticipate to be ready for the second procedure, even though that's the one you really want! Good luck!