Do I have slightly tuberous breasts? (Photo)

Would a breast augmentation alone like a HP silicone tear drop shaped implant correct this ? puffy areola, assymetry, etc.?

Tear Drop Shaped Implants

Though photos cannot fully reveal whether you would be a good candidate for a surgical procedure, I have had patients with similar concerns as you, and who have in fact benefited from breast augmentation surgery. Additionally, patients with tuberous breasts can greatly benefit from tear drop shaped breast implants, as they will give you more fullness at the bottom part of the breast. Above all, I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon who can better address your concerns in person.

Not tuberous

Everyone has asymmetric breasts.  Your breasts just look small. They do not look tuberous in the photo you posted in my opinion. 

A More Natural Look

Good afternoon and thank you for your question.  Based upon the photograph you provided, my recommendation would be to correct your slightly tuberous, hypoplastic (small) breasts using a moderate or moderate high profile silicone implant in a dual plane approach.  This will result in a more natural look.  I do not recommend using high profile or anatomic implants.  An areola reduction can be done simultaneously.
As always, a consultation should be scheduled with a highly trained, board certified plastic surgeon;  one you are both comfortable with and who will address your specific concerns. 

Tuberous breast can be helped with shaped implants

Thank you for your question and for providing the photograph.  I would need to know what exactly you want to correct.  In your picture you do have asymmetry and it appears that the nipple to fold distance is short. Tuberous breast is a spectrum and a short nipple to fold distance is a part of this spectrum.  You do not appear to have other features associated with tuberous breast.  However, if your areola is puffy this can be part of it also.  The most important thing is that your plastic surgeon correctly analyze your breast with accurate measurements and analysis of your tissues, so that she/he can then accurately plan your surgery and achieve the best result possible.  In the case of a patient with a short nipple to fold distance, the fold needs to be lowered and one needs to have a lot of experience to know how to plan for this and then perform it during surgery.  In a case such as yours, I often use tear drop shaped implants. These have many advantages in these situations.  They do not necessarily need to be high profile.  If you want a very full look, then high profile may be good for you.  If you want a fuller size that looks very natural, a moderate projection shaped implant may be better.  It all depends on your dimensions and the volume you prefer.  If the areola is puffy, then this can be corrected during the surgery as well.  Breast asymmetry is very common and can be improved by using implants that are slightly different sizes.  It is important to understand that you will always have some asymmetry, as most women do.  If you look closely at your photograph, you can see that the right breast is horizontally oriented, the left is more vertical, the folds are asymmetric, etc.  You may also have chest wall asymmetry.  However, you can still have a nice improvement.   I hope this helps answer your questions.
Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast Augementation

I do not think that you have a very significant case of tuberous breast deformity.  I think all you need is an implant without a breast lift.  If the size of your areola concern you, then these can be reduced.  I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Not a tuberous breast

Hi. I doubt if this is tuberous breast. You seem to have hypoplastic breasts. You will benefit from Breast Implant like you rightly pointed or Breast Fat Fills. 

Breast Augmentation

Hello, thanks for posting your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that you would benefit a lot with a Breast Augmentation. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation to correct asymmetry

You should have a nice result with breast augmentation.  The tear drop shaped implant is a nice choice to help mold the inferior pole of your breasts which is quite constricted.  I recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Constricted Breasts?

Your photos demonstrate possible mild signs of constricted breasts. Breast augmentation technique in patients with all types of constricted breasts differ, depending on the degree of constricted breasts. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with constricted breasts. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast Augmentation.... Slightly Tuberous?

It appears as though you have a mild constriction of the lower pole of your breast, not a true Tuberous Breast.    Many factors will play a part in deciding which implant is best for you.  I am definitely not a fan of the shaped implants (Gummy Bear) for breast augmentation.   They feel too firm and don't move a much.   The "Puffy Areola" and their low position is easily forrected with a circumareolar lift if needed.  
Good Luck