I have a scar on my cheek from a mole that I picked off myself. How could I get it removed or diminish the scar? (photo)

I had a raised mole on my left cheek that one day I just ripped off on my own. It left a scar that still has some pigmentation from the mole in it but it's mostly just a dark pink spot. The scar itself is still raised a little too. It looks darker in person.

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for a scar revision. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon