How to get rid of 11 year old scar? (Photo)

Anything with hyrdoquinone 4% makes it inflamed and red. The skin is very sensitive, the color changes from medium to dark brown. The skin around it is fine (notice the light outline from hydroquin products), I tried Laser surgery and was told it might take 3 sessions and even then I might not get results. Natural remedies seem to have no effect at all. The skin is healing from being inflamed from a natural remedy in picture. Dermatologists have a hard time telling me what it is. Help please.

Doctor Answers 4

Deep Indented Scars Can Be Elevated With Subcision & Volumizing Fillers; Microneedling For Color & Texture Problems

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Forget the lasers. In my experience, they have largely been supported by little more than device manufacturer marketing hype and not much hard science. In addition, light-based therapies may cause pigment irregularities in persons of color.  From the photos, it would appear that there is a relatively wide and deep depression and perhaps (difficult to determine from a 2-dimensional photo) some textural, as well as color abnormalities.Frankly, you would do well to consult with a board certified aesthetic dermatologist. In such circumstances, I would generally think it wise to stop the hydroquinone, which is no doubt contributing to uneven pigmentation. Since there is a depression, this should be elevated, which may be accomplished with the use of a volumizing filler, supplemented, if necessary, by subcision. Finally, remaining pigmentary problems can be addressed with medical microneedling, which has been found safe to use in people of color. Wishing you the best of luck.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Scar on Face -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Lasers , microneedling, surgery can all be used to improve scars.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Scar and best treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It appears from the photo that you have an indentation that may need fillers and then lasers to treat.  Please consult an expert in scar removal.  Best, Dr. Green

Scar therapy for a chin scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would consider a combination of surgical scar revision, fractional lasers, and fillers to improve the indentation in your scar.Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.