Is it normal to having burning like pain on my upper abdomen? (Photo)

Im 6 days out and I am getting really worried on how my tummy tuck incision site is looking and feeling right now. I feel a major burning like pain on my upper abdomen and the around the incision siye is super itchy. I'm scratch hing like crazy! Also I feel that whenever I move my abdomen is about to explode. I'm so afraid to move around. I do not want to ruin the stitches inside

Post operative course after tummy tuck

All of the sensations your are describing can be normal after surgery. The itching especially is a normal part of healing. Benadryl works well and they even make a topical version. I would check with your surgeon prior to starting any new medications. 

From normal movement you shouldn't be in any danger of rupturing and internal stitches. In face I try to encourage my patients to move after surgery as it decreases your risks of blood clots. 

If you have any concerns at all I recommend calling your surgeon to see him or her and make sure everything is healing appropriately. 

Surjit S. Rai, MD (Dallas Plastic Surgeon)

Post operative course after tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Healing after drainless abdominoplasty

Healing after drainless abdominoplasty

Yes its possible to have all of these senstations.  Just make sure you are not accumulating any fluid (seroma)

which can occur with or without drains

Healing after drainless abdominoplasty

Healing after drainless abdominoplasty

which can occur with or without drains