Do I need a lift after breast implant removal? (Photo)

I want to get my implants removed I was an A cup now a D cup! I'm scared I will have them removed and they will be really saggy and deflated but I won't know until I do it. I had the implants placed in different pockets which lead to nipple asymmetry will my nipples be straight like how they were before surgery I'm not sure what to do here? Thanks I can't find a pre op picture but here's a post op picture

Your images have been posted before

Real Self is a site where board certified physicians attempt to answer questions based on their experience and training. We can help patients with many problems, but much of the conversation is based on the images provided. It appears that you are the same woman who posted 9 days ago using the same images to ask different questions. (How can I fix my messed up boob? 4 months post-op BA) Plastic surgeons pay attention to details.

Several surgeons suggested that you return to your surgeon for a consultation, and also discussed your options for revision or explantation. If you were sized incorrectly, you will need a revision, if you have a malposition, you will need correction. If you want them out, they will most likely not be very different from your pre-operative breasts after only four months. Unfortunately revision breast augmentation is very common, if you do not want to return to your surgeon, seek out a board certified surgeon who will spend time educating you, before they book you for a revision procedure.

•  heyyyy1616 
  •  Long Island, NY 
  •  9 days ago

"I don't even know where to start. I'm 4 months post op from breast aug and I hate them. One boob is higher than the other and the nipples are asymmetric. Also one boob is bigger than the other I think it went completely wrong. What are your recommendations to fix this?"

Sea Girt Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

Your breasts will most likely appear saggy and deflated after the loss of the implants.  You can consider having a lift at the same time, but if you are uncomfortable with this you can wait.  It is ok to give your breasts 3-6 months to heal in order to reveal their new look.  If you're unhappy with the appearance you can get a lift at that time.

Camille Cash, MD

Implant removal first

You might be best served by removing the implants first then going back in 4-6 mounts for a lift as necessary.  Best of luck.

Lift needed?

A face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is your best bet. After an examination, the surgeon can discuss treatment options with you. These would likely include implant removal, implant downsizing and other procedures to try to make your breasts and nipples more symmetric.

Breast implant removal

Thank you for your inquiry. I remember you from a previous post. From my experience, the removal of implants has not led to a lift being needed, at least for a long time. At the time of the consultation, I'd be happy to give you the names of other patients that you could speak with for their experience.

Leland Deane MD FACS

Garden City and Babylon

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift after breast implant removal?

Nothing will replace in-person evaluation when it comes to providing you with good advice regarding the need for breast lifting after breast implant removal surgery. Having said that, given the degree of asymmetry of the nipple/areola complexes, it is likely that breast lifting would be helpful on one or both sides (improve symmetry?). Of course, if you and your plastic surgeon remain in doubt, second stage breast lifting surgery ( if it becomes "necessary") is an option. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you consider options. Best wishes.