Indentation post Lipoma removal surgery. Any suggestions?

Does the indentation post lipoma removal go away? This is a repeat removal. Last time dr rearranged tissue to avoid this problem but this dr didnt. Does this resolve with time or is it permanent? I read somewhere that eventually fat grows into the empty area and it resolves but I also read it is permanent. This is on my shoulder blade.

#Lipoma Removal - Indentation post Lipoma removal

In general, the likelihood of a post-removal dent "disappearing" depend on many factors - how large the lipoma was, how long it was there, exactly where it is (ie, how much tension it was producing, etc).  So if this is a recurrent lipoma with the attendant scar tissue etc then it is probably less likely that the dent will fully disappear.
You should of course discuss this with your own plastic surgeon or another board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Thank you for your excellent question.  Depending on the size of the lipoma the indentation may be permanent or temporary.  As lipomas grow they tend to "push" other fat cells away, compressing them over time.  Though these fat cells will fill in the area left behind after the lipoma is removed at times a small indentation will be seen. This can be treated with some rearrangement of the fat, or fat-grafting, but best to allow your results at least 6 months to mature before assessing the need for additional treatment.  Hope this helps.