Implant removal, breast lift, areola reduction. Options/most realistic expectation for outcome? Help! Willing to travel for best

I am 30 years old. I have 11 year old Mentor saline sub pectoral breast implants (R-400 cc; L-400 cc overfilled to 425cc) that I want removed. I also want a lift & areola reduction. I have breastfed 3 kids & am currently 4 weeks postpartum, nipples enlarged/discolored. Done having kids. What are my options, Pricing, Realistic outcome/expectation? I want cute small boobs & nipples. Breasts have always been uneven however are worse now. I am willing to travel for the best. Thank you for your time!

Breast Implant Removal

Since you are only 4 weeks postpartum, recomendations cannot be made on a lift at this time.  It could take up to 6 months for your breast to return to their normal state, and for your weight to become stable.  Once you are ready, contact a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced for an in person evaluation of your breast to discuss your options.

Thank you for your question.  Because pregnancy and nursing causes significant changes to the quality of your tissues, best to allow a full six months or more to pass before seeking surgery.  Then see an ASPS board certified surgeon for an in-person examination and discussion of costs based on your desired goal appearance.  Your listed procedures are typically all possible and reasonable options but based on the severity of tissue loss and skin excess the type of work needed can be estimated. Hope this helps.

Have them deflated now- I know- it sounds weird, but it works!

My advice is since they are saline, have them deflated in clinic. I do this all the time for my patients. You can numb up the skin and insert a needle attached to a suction canister and remove the saline from the implant. This allows your breast to start the process of skin retraction and can better estimate what your shape and size will be once you remove the implants. This lets us know more about which technique for breast lift will get you the best result. It is really a valuable tool that I use. Allow 6 weeks-3 months after deflation before you have your formal surgery done. Ideally, you'd wait that long after you were done breast-feeding as well so get them deflated now.  As for the best, this is a great website to read testimonials.  Be weary of gimmicks and names of surgeries that sound cool and promise the world.  My advice is to look until you find someone you really click with and can deliver beautiful, natural results.  We'd love to have you in Charlotte!  Hope this helps!
-JGH

Congratulations on the recent arrival!  Best to have completed breast-feeding and achieve your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with breast surgery. Then, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, this is best done with the help of goal photographs. For example, it will be important that you demonstrate what you mean by "cute small boobs".

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

You may also find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes.

Breast implant removal

First, I would give it several months until your breasts have involuted.  Depending upon how much breast tissue you have will determine if you can have a lift at the same time as implant removal. I have sometimes deflated the saline implants in advance, and then removed them at the same time as doing a lift. The deflation helps to allow the breasts to contract down a bit and make for an easier time to do the lift.  Best of luck.