I terminated a pregnancy on 5/2016. I was 6 weeks pregnant. How long after can I have surgery for a tummy tuck?

I didn't have surgery, was given an abortion pill

The timing will depend on when the pregnant uterus returns to it's pre-pregnancy state and has no swelling. This will be fairly soon after termination but I would seek the opinion of your gynecologist or actually have your plastic surgeon confer with him.Hope this helps.
Leland Deane MD FACSBabylon NYGarden City NY

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

At this point you should be able to have a Tummy Tuck, however, you should decide if you want more children. If you decide that you are not finished having children then you should consider delaying a  Tummy Tuck until after you have completed your family.Morrison MD

Surgery time after pregnancy, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice I recommend to my patients to wait until breastfeed ends to perform any surgery, these mean after 6 months post delivery. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  You can have a tummy tuck at any time.  I have seen this frequently.  Your HCG levels will still test positive for 3-6 months.  All you need is a note documenting this from your abortion provider and a follow-up ultrasound showing no pregnancy. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Surgery after abortion

If your blood tests come back positive, which is quite common, you would need an ultrasound and GYN letter corroborating that all fetal contents were removed and that no products of conception remain. The anesthesiologist should require this.  

Time for a TT

You should be able to do it any time. You did not have surgery and your body should be back to normal by the time a tummy tuck is scheduled. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

2-3 months - however there is another question ...

There is no plastic surgical reason that you shouldn't have the abdominoplasty within 2-3 months following the termination.  However, there is another question.  Are you contemplating children in the future?  If you are contemplating having children, I would recommend that you wait until after you have your complete family.  The results from a tummy tuck would be compromised should you get pregnant again and especially if you carry full term.  Best of luck.  

Tummy tuck

Hello Shelby127,Thank you for your question. My recommendation would be to wait until you are at least 3 months. You want your body to be physically and your mind to be emotionally ready to endure the recovery process of a tummy tuck. All my best. 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck post abortion

Thank you for your question. It would be safe for you to have a tummy tuck once the pregnancy is confirmed terminated. There are no surgical ramifications that are related to the termination of your pregnancy.
Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD