I need to know if I can do specific areas for ink removal. (photos)

What can I do to start removing this pinkish purple that looks like a burn! I just wanna cover my arm up it's too much .

Tattoo removal

Lasers work very well for this problem. I would recommend making an appt. with a reputable Physician to have an evaluation. It typically takes 6-15 treatments for good results.

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. It is possible just to remove a portion of your tattoo. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths including the 532 wavelength ideal for red tones. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can specific area for ink be removed?

Hello, thank you for your question and for including a photo.  I am guessing that you are talking about the area toward the top of the tattoo that looks pinkish-red on the background.  It appears that the 532 wave length that targets red in general should be able to treat this area. Some of the fine inking (black) may be compromised as the red surrounds it, but it could certainly be touched up post treatment.  We use the PicoWay laser here at our facility. The PicoWay Laser (Candela/Syneron) uses photoacoustic impact/pressure waves rather than photothermal/heat.  This process has less heat, therefore it is more comfortable and the chances of hyperpigmentation are less.  The Pico-second pulse shatters the ink into even smaller particles, allowing the body to more easily absorb the ink. The pico technology can usually rid the body of unwanted ink in about half as many treatments as a Q-switch device.  You can check in your are to see if this technology is available.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo Second Thoughts

You can partially remove a tattoo. This can be removed with lasers in a series of treatments. Please see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

​It is possibe to remove part of a tattoo

Thanks for your question. It is possible to remove part of a tattoo.  We selectively remove ink for tattoo cover ups all of the time.  More important for you is the type of laser you select.

Based on our experience, we definitely recommend a picosecond laser with 532 nm wavelength.  For PicoSure, this wavelength is an upgrade over the original models and was added specifically for treating some red inks.  The PicoSure Laser is new technology and will generally remove tattoos in half the treatments (or less!) required by older lasers, without the risk of burning and with much, much lower risk of hypopigmentation.

We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area.  Treatment prices vary by market.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Partial Tattoo Removal

This tattoo is very pretty! The red/pink can be removed without compromising the other parts. I would color the edges with a white pen/marker so that the other part(s) of the tattoo will not be affected. I would recommend the Enlighten by Cutera as I have had great success with pink/red ink removal with this platform. I'm sure other lasers can work as well! Just check out before/after pictures from the practice you choose!