I don't want fillers in my nose. It's my cartilage in my nose which is bothering me. What can I do with that? (photos)

Shaving the upper bone. The lower part of my nose looks like it's being pinched besides now it's starting to hook down.

Hello and thank you for your question.  In my opinion, fillers should not be placed in the nose. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

What can I do Tip Cartilage

Thank you for your question and photo. Simple cosmetic nose correction is a non-surgical operation also known as thread lift. Simple cosmetic nose correction offers the most effective results amongst non-surgical cosmetic practices and makes it possible to give form to the nose that is consistent with the patient’s general facial contours. Cosmetic nose surgery is probably one of the operations that frighten and concern patients most due to the risk of traumas after the operation. Other concerns include long recovery times, disconnection from social life and reservations about the use of tampons and plaster. Patients with nasal problems or aesthetic concerns about its appearance are inclined to postpone the operation due to the complications mentioned above. 

Tip Cartilages Bother Me

The bossing (knuckling) and irregularity of your tip cartilages are obvious but you need an examination by a rhinoplasty revision specialist to discuss treatment options.

You need to be evaluated in person. The photos you post don to show everything so it is difficult to say. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate

It appears that there are some irregularities due to  previous nasal surgery such as bossa formation, a hanging columella, and a poly- beak deformity. Revision rhinoplasty is a lot harder than a primary rhinoplasty, so choose  Your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for correcting a poly beak and elevating a droopy nasal tip.

You appear to have very thin skin, irregular and visible right tip cartilage, and a hanging columella. Digital photos are not a substitute for an examination. Consider consulting with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you can see what might be best for you moving forward.
Thank you.
Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

It is difficult to comment on your question without seeing you in person. See a qualified board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your nasal issues. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Contemplating surgery

it is difficult to fully appreciate your concerns from your photos but, it appears as though your goals can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery. Please seek a consultation from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon