I believe I have developed capsular contracture. What are my options? (photos)

I have 425cc high profile subglandular silicone. I had submuscular previously but had lots of muscle animation so moved them to subglandular. What are my options to fix the contracture? It has been 7 months since surgery.

I believe I have developed capsular contracture. What are my options?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Capsular Contracture?

Thanks for your question. I am sorry you are going through this. Based on your photos, it seems that your implants are malpositioned. This could be die to a number of factors: size of implant, breast pocket and implant placement. I suggest you see your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon skilled in breast augmentation. He or she might suggest smaller implants, use of a biologic to help reinforce the lower breast fold or even fat injections to minimize the palpability of your implants. I don't see this improving with time. I wish you the best and I hope this was helpful.

Revision surgery

This is the problem with each pocket placement. The subglandular have a higher risk of palpability and contracture. A revision is probably necessary.

Capsular Contracture?

Hello,You are correct that the shape and position of your implants is not ideal. You should visit with your Plastic Surgeon in-person for an exam to determine the extent of your problem and options for correction.
All the best

Capsular contracture

Thanks for reaching out.  It is hard to say if you have capsular contracture for sure. Are they firm? Do they cause pain?  They are however  malpositioned.  They are both bottomed out, which will likely only get worse, and your right implant has shifted medially.  Revisional breast surgery would be needed to lock down your inframammary fold and perhaps even use a biologic mesh to reinforce the fold and medial deviation.  You should definitely see someone who specializes in breast surgery and who is board certified.I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon