I have very little breast tissue and I weigh 108lbs; will breast implants look good on me? (photo)

Thin with implants

I have done many thin women and used implants. There are techniques we can use to maximize you result. An In person consultation is important so I can see how much skin and breast tissue there is. For the best results, don't go too large. Moderation makes a good result.

Breast augmentation, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice for cases like yours I prefer to use the Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.
Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Small amount of breast tissue. will implants improve this

A large number  of my patients are women with minimal breast tissue. As long as the implants are placed under the muscle significant improvement can be made and a natural log can be achieved. It is very important when doing preoperative sizing to make sure that the implant is appropriately sized for your chest and not too large.  And excellent and network. Result is very likely for you with the appropriate implant 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You will benefit from Breast Implant

Hi. You will benefit from a 240 - 260 implant. It should not be a problem that you are underweight. 

Breast implants with a small chest wall

Breast implants can look very flattering and definitely enhance a chest wall similar to yours. You should have no hesitation to see a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine your best options.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

We routinely use extra high profile and/or higher filled gel implants in thin women for better results with less chance for rippling, etc.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. The proper size and style would be tailored to your body for the desired results.

After viewing your photos, I would recommend a high profile style implant in a sub-muscular position.   I would also recommend only using a conservatively sized implant.Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss you goals.Good luck

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Choice of implants in a thin woman

It is not at all uncommon for a thin woman to have a breast augmentation. There are important considerations such as not choosing too large of an implant and choosing one that fits your frame. Visit with one or more close by board-certified plastic surgeons and allow them to evaluate you and make suggestions based on their exam and experience. One caution I would make is I would recommend avoiding at all costs an above the muscle breast augmentation unless you are looking for a very fake look with a higher risk of capsular contracture.Dr. Edwards

They will look good but may feel the implants

I offer patient that have minimal breast tissue and want to have natural look and feel the combination of fat grafting and implants at the same time. You do not have a lot fat and I do not need much for this procedure. The link below shows a patient with fat grafting and implants.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon