Am I good to get my next surgery in one week, since my TT scar is starting to heal? Going in for a BA. (photo)

It has improved a lot much better scab now but i have my next surgery breast aug on the 29 went to go see a doctor to check out the scar he said i should have everything taken out cleaned up and then after a week soed up what do you think should i leave it alone let it keep healing or should i get it cleaned up a month up since i got operated tummy tuck...do you think this will be a problem getting my surgery in a week?? Ive gotten checked everything came out good no signs of infection or anything

Post Op Wound Concerns

I would recommend that you ensure this wound is properly treated and completely healed before undergoing another surgical procedure.

All the best

Am I good to get my next surgery in one week, since my TT scar is starting to heal? Going in for a BA.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...I would recommend you to wait until your scar is completely healed to perform a breast surgery. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BA following TT

Unlike a tummy tuck, you are having prosthetic material placed inside your body that a BA, and should your implants become infected then they may well need to be removed. I would therefore wait until this TT scar has fully healed in to avoid any such risk.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal wound and breast augmentation

Joselyn,

You should allow the abdominal wound to heal completely before doing the breast augmentation.  The risks are too high implanting a foreign body (implants) while bacteria might be in or around your belly wound.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Infection

I would wait until your abdominoplasty incision is completely healed before undergoing a breast augmentation. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. It is not recommended to undergo another procedure while the wound is still healing. This is best to be discussed with your plastic surgeon. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation after a tummy tuck

You should allow your abdominal wound to heal first before undergoing a breast augmentation. You do not want a problem of cross contamination.

Augment after tummy tuck

Any infection can "seed" the implants and result in infection.  Operating while the wound is not completely healed does not meet the standard of care.  The tummy tuck incision is not healed. The suggestion that it be cleaned out and resutured means that your breast augment should be deferred.

Breast augmentation question

Hello and thank you for the question. I would wait until the wound is COMPLETELY healed before placing breast implants. There is a risk that with an open wound, there is some bacterial contamination that may lead to a breast implant infection and possible implant removal or long term capsular contracture. 

Based on the photo, it may mean waiting for several months before proceeding with the breasts. 

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Tweet

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Planning breast augmentation

I think it makes sense to get your abdominal wound completely healed before undergoing breast augmentation. Discuss this in greater detail with your surgeon including the associated potential risks and complications.