How can I fix my messed up boobs? 4 months post-op BA. (photos)

I don't even know where to start. I'm 4 months post op from breast aug and I hate them. One boob is higher than the other and the nipples are asymmetric. Also one boob is bigger than the other I think it went completely wrong. What are your recommendations to fix this?

Fixing your breast augmentation results

There seems to be a great deal of asymmetry of your breasts. You would really need to show pre-op photos to get better advice from us here. There are things that can be done to correct the problems. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation. Make sure to bring all your prior medical records with you - including pre-op photos, operative report, and implant information. These will help your new surgeon get a better idea of what can be done for you. Best of luck.

Revision surgery

Like others on this list, my first questions have to do with what you looked like in the first place and what your confidence level is in your original surgeon. He (or she) might also be giving you answers you're not happy with. In any event, you need good solid opinions from surgeons locally that can assess your situation and be honest with you. 

Leland Deane MD FACS

Babylon, Garden City, NY

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for your question and for the photos.  A pre op photo would also help to evaluate any asymmetries.

You are definitely very asymmetrical, but the cause requires a physical exam.  It could simply be that the left breast did not settle properly, or there may be a capsular contracture causing the issues.  No matter what the condition, a revision surgery should correct most or all of the problems.  Talk to your implanting surgeon for his/her opinion first.  If you are unhappy with their assessment, seek out another board certified Plastic Surgeon for their opinion.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast augment result

My first reaction is to inquire whether you still have confidence in your plastic surgeon.  Your alternatives could range from implant removal with or without starting over, correction of capsular contracture and pocket, etc.  Obviously, there are significant cost issues.  Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your breast augmentation procedure. You may have capsular contracture and may need implant pocket revision and possibly a lift. You would need a consultation for precise recommendations.   You should discuss this calmly with your plastic surgeon. If you wish to seek other opinions, obtaining your operative report from your previous surgeon is very helpful. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Reasons Many Seek Breast Revision Surgery

The most common reason women seek breast implant #revisions are to change their implant #size, and, capsular contracture . Capsular Contracture occurs in about 5-10% of breast #aumentation patients. However, only a small number of these patients experience pain or visual issues that actually require correction.  Additional matters of concern which many seek a revision are malposition of the implant, changes in shape and size following pregnancy, weight change and also #deflation or #rupture of an #implant. Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Revision augmentation

It would be nice to see preop photos. It looks like you need revision of both with fold repair on one side, and areola reduction for both and lift of the areola on the other.  But you probably need to let things settle a bit more over the nest 2 months.

Needs a revision

From your photographs, what I see is asymmetry, not only in size of the breast but location of the nipples. Without a preoperative photograph to compare to, it's hard to know what the starting point was and what the goals of the initial procedure were. I would recommend an evening up of the size of the breast, either with dissimilar size implants, or my preference in this situation would be to use fat grafting. Some type of lift on the left is certainly necessary with a lowering of the crease on the left to match what the right one looks like. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS