Desperately want to get rid of my stubborn inner thigh fat pockets. Would Coolsculpt show enough of a difference? (photos)

I am a 125 lb, 5 foot, 27 year old female. For as long as I could remember, I have had these stubborn inner thigh fat pockets, regardless of exercise. I hate how the leg is not even from the very top, going down towards the knee. I desperately want that fat pocket bulge gone just so my legs look even and no pockets. What would be the best method? I would prefer noninvasive, but only if the results are worth it enough. Desperately want to see results.

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

You will get a reduction of 20-25 percent of the inner thigh area.  You appear to be a good candidate.  Please see a Plastic Surgeon who provides CoolSculpting as part of their practice so that if you have other questions regarding body contouring they can be answered appropriately.

CoolSculpting for stummorn inner thigh fat pockets

CoolSculpting has FDA approval for fat reduction since 2010. CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells. Fat cells are more susceptible to damage by freezing than the other cells, (nerve, vessel, bone, etc.), around them. The fat cells die via a process called apoptosis, (programmed cell death). The number of fat cells are therefore reduced. This happens over a period of time, so the body is not overwhelmed with dead fat cells. The body will take these cells up, process them and excrete them, just as any other cell. The remnants are filtered through the liver, and then excreted eventually via stool. CoolSculpting now has an applicator for thighs.  CoolSculpting had been used in this area with good results. See an experienced CoolSculpting practice, they will determine if you are a candidate.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  They will be able to tell you of the different options, (CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Direct excision, etc.).

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Desperately want to get rid of my stubborn inner thigh fat pockets. Would Coolsculpt show enough of a difference?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best.  An in-person assessment is always best.Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting has a dedicated applicator specifically for the thighs.

CoolSculpting has a dedicated applicator specifically for the thighs, and it can be used very effectively for both the inner and outer thighs. Generally you will see a 20-30% reduction in fat after one treatment, and multiple treatments can be done for more dramatic results if necessary. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to make sure that you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. It appears that coolsculpting would be an effective treatment for the problem areas you have highlighted in the photos submitted. Make sure you see a practice that does coolsculpting but also under the direction of a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can give you all the various treatment options available. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting for Inner Thighs

Coolsculpting has two new pieces for the inner and outer thighs. It will reduce the fat by approximately 20% in a given area.  An in person consultation is the only way to assess if you are a good candidate but the procedure is highly successful.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question and photos.  
I recommend an in person evaluation for most accurate advice.  Coolsculpting may reduce the area of concern of your inner thighs by 20% and is non-invasive with no down time.  Traditional liposuction would most likely achieve a more dramatic result but there will be recovery time involved since liposuction is a surgical procedure.
Best to discuss the pro's and con's of each with a well experienced plastic an surgeon. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.

CoolSculpting for Inner Thighs

Hello and thank you for reaching out. CoolSculpting provides an inner thigh treatment that has produced amazing results for women that have the same complaints that you do. The advantages of CoolSculpting vs invasive procedure include: no down time after the procedure, no scars or incision and once the fat is eliminated, it is a permanent elimination. From the photos you provided, it does look like you would see great results from the inner thigh treatment, but you would need to find your local CoolSculpting expert so they may evaluate you on a physical level. Best Wishes. 

CoolSculpting for Stubborn Fat on the Inner Thighs

At our clinic we've met with several patients who have this exact same concern. For many of them, CoolSculpting has been a great way to eliminate that same stubborn inner thigh fat. The situation you describe and what's visible in your photos suggests that CoolSculpting could help you achieve the look you want. However, the most essential thing is for you to have an in-person consultation with a certified professional to make sure that you're a good candidate for CoolSculpting and to make sure your goals are in line with potential results.

Non-invasive treatment of inner thigh fat

Liposuction would be considered the best treatment to remove the most amount of fat from the inner thighs or any other area in a single session.  The downside with surgery is that it is invasive and requires a recovery period.  Non-invasive options to treat the inner thighs would include CoolSculpting or SculpSure.  These generally do not require any recovery time and would cause about 20-25% reduction in the number of fat cells to the treated area with one session.  Multiple sessions can be done to obtain further fat reduction.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon