Bruising, should I be nervous? (Photo)

I had my surgery on Tuesday March 31. Basically slept all day until Thursday and took my first shower today. I realized I have bruising on my right breast. It doesn't hurt but I just don't know if I should be nervous about it. My abs hurt and I'm super bloated. I normally have a flat stomach and an outline of abs.My doctor does have me wearing a band for 2 weeks so maybe that's causing pressure? Also, my right is my dominant side

Bruising

Your bruising does not look out of the ordinary.  If it is worsening or hot to touch or you feel unwell then get it checked out.  The compression band usually helps reduce the bruising.  Your adbomen should also settle over the ensuing days/weeks.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Post operative bruising

Some bruising after breast augmentation is not uncommon and will fade over time.  If you find that it is getting worse, check with your surgeon to rule out any concerns.  Bloating after surgery is also common.  It will subside as you return to your normal activities.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast surgery and bruising

Bruising is possible with any surgery. How much is normal varies.  If overly concerned, then you should contact your surgeon.

Bruising, should I be nervous?

Many patients will have some bruising especially of the lower part of the breast.  Swelling, like wise even of the abdomen is not uncommon.  Howevre, if you have concerns the best thing to do is contact your pastil surgeon with your concerns.

Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon