Botox for forehead and 11's. (photo)

I'm 32 and have some lines on my forehead and one between my eyes. I'm wondering if Botox could help these. Sometimes I feel like they're not that noticeable and sometimes they're all I see when I look in the mirror. I don't want them getting any worse, if I can help it for now. (Not talking about the chicken pox scar in the middle)

Botox for the Forehead & 11's

Botox made by Allergen works best on dynamic wrinkles or folds that are caused by muscle movement. These injections will help minimize your ability to move muscles thereby softening and flattening the treated area. Botox has been used for treatment of the glabellar ("11") lines and forehead for years. It may take up to 2 weeks for the full results of the treatment. On average Botox treatments last 3-4 months. Please consult with a doctor to determine if Botox is right for you. 

My best, 

Anil Rajani, MD

Botox for the Forehead & 11's

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

My best, 

Anil Rajani, MD

Botox to Prevent Wrinkles

Thank you for your question. Botox is used cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles. The most common areas Botox is used is on the forehead for horizontal lines, between the brows (11’s), and the crow’s feet. It can take up to 2 weeks to see maximum results. Botox takes 3-4 months to wear off. I recommend having a consultation with an expert injector to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox to Prevent Wrinkles

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox Helps Forehead Wrinkles

Botox is an excellent choice for smoothing out wrinkles in the forehead, including the glabellar lines, or “11”s that occur between the eyes. If you are constantly looking in the mirror to evaluate whether your wrinkles are noticeable or not, then they are bothering you. Botox will not only smooth them out for three to four months, but during that time the muscles that cause them will be relaxed, thereby preventing the deepening of the wrinkles. You will need to be retreated when the Botox wears off to continue your rejuvenating benefits. I hope this helps.

Botox Helps Forehead Wrinkles

Botox to Prevent Wrinkles

Thank you for sharing your question. A neuromodulator such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin will certainly help soften the lines you are noticing. Although your lines are not very deep at this point, regular Botox treatments can stop the worsening of the existing lines and prevent additional lines from developing in the future. On average Botox treatments last 3-4 months, at which point the procedure can be repeated in order to maintain results. I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist to discuss which product is right for you. Good luck with your treatment!

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Botox to Prevent Wrinkles

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Botox treatment

Yes, I think Botox would be very helpful for these lines. See an experienced injector. Also consider complementing your treatment with a good skincare products such as a topical antioxidant, sunscreen, and retinol.

Botox treatment

Botox for the forehead

Botox in this area works very nicely. You can only see a small hint of the lines starting to form, but they will continue to deepen over time. You are at about the average age for patients I see starting to try botox for the first time.

For the two areas you mentioned, I would normally start with about 30 units total and see how you respond. Occasionally more is needed when you have an injection for the first time since the muscles are at their strongest.

Over a two week period of time after the injection, you will start to notice the muscles of your forehead and between your eyes start to relax. You may even notice less tension, experience fewer headaches, and overall have a better mood.

Sarah Saxon, MD

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the forehead

Sarah Saxon, MD

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Yes.  Those lines would likely respond to Botox very well.

It would work best in a preventative way, although established lines can also diminish with continued treatment.

Botox

Botox for 11s

Thank you for your question. Botox or Dysport can definitely help you with your situation. Botox is great for preventing 11s, not only to reduce them. I advise you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. He or she will determine the amount of units you require according to your muscle activity. Post Botox instructions will be given to you. You should not lie down for 4 hours after your treatments as well as no exercising. Best of Luck to you, and you are always welcome here in Montreal!! 

Botox for 11s

Botox & Softening of Forehead and Frown Lines

Dear mjh1045:

Yes, Botox will help soften and improve your forehead and frown lines.  For best results see an expert injector.  all the best.

Dear mjh1045:

Botox for the forehead

Thank you for your question mjh1045. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Common areas of treatment include the horizontal lines seen on the forehead when one raises the brows and the vertical lines seen between the brows when one frowns. It may take up to 14 days for full results of a Botox treatment and most people enjoy their results for 3-4 months. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Botox for the forehead