Botox for forehead and 11's. (photo)

I'm 32 and have some lines on my forehead and one between my eyes. I'm wondering if Botox could help these. Sometimes I feel like they're not that noticeable and sometimes they're all I see when I look in the mirror. I don't want them getting any worse, if I can help it for now. (Not talking about the chicken pox scar in the middle)

Botox to Prevent Wrinkles

Thank you for sharing your question. A neuromodulator such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin will certainly help soften the lines you are noticing. Although your lines are not very deep at this point, regular Botox treatments can stop the worsening of the existing lines and prevent additional lines from developing in the future. On average Botox treatments last 3-4 months, at which point the procedure can be repeated in order to maintain results. I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist to discuss which product is right for you. Good luck with your treatment!

Botox treatment

Yes, I think Botox would be very helpful for these lines. See an experienced injector. Also consider complementing your treatment with a good skincare products such as a topical antioxidant, sunscreen, and retinol.

Botox for the forehead

Botox in this area works very nicely. You can only see a small hint of the lines starting to form, but they will continue to deepen over time. You are at about the average age for patients I see starting to try botox for the first time.

For the two areas you mentioned, I would normally start with about 30 units total and see how you respond. Occasionally more is needed when you have an injection for the first time since the muscles are at their strongest.

Over a two week period of time after the injection, you will start to notice the muscles of your forehead and between your eyes start to relax. You may even notice less tension, experience fewer headaches, and overall have a better mood.

Sarah Saxon, MD

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Otolaryngologist

Botox

Yes.  Those lines would likely respond to Botox very well.

It would work best in a preventative way, although established lines can also diminish with continued treatment.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Botox for 11s

Thank you for your question. Botox or Dysport can definitely help you with your situation. Botox is great for preventing 11s, not only to reduce them. I advise you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. He or she will determine the amount of units you require according to your muscle activity. Post Botox instructions will be given to you. You should not lie down for 4 hours after your treatments as well as no exercising. Best of Luck to you, and you are always welcome here in Montreal!! 

Botox & Softening of Forehead and Frown Lines

Dear mjh1045:

Yes, Botox will help soften and improve your forehead and frown lines.  For best results see an expert injector.  all the best.

Botox for the forehead

Thank you for your question mjh1045. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Common areas of treatment include the horizontal lines seen on the forehead when one raises the brows and the vertical lines seen between the brows when one frowns. It may take up to 14 days for full results of a Botox treatment and most people enjoy their results for 3-4 months. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Forehead Botox

Hello. It sounds like you are  a great candidate for Botox injection.  Neurotoxins (Botox and Dysport) are ideal in the situation where there are dynamic lines (line present only when you are making a face) present.  Starting before static lines develop is definitely recommended.  I see many patients in your same situation.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to develop a personalized treatment plan.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Yes! Botox is right (though there's more)

Hi MJH1045:

You should certainly consider botox.  Your age and the appearance of the lines all fit the profile to suggest you'll do better with botox.  Of course, there are other things for the fine lines and pigment spots (and even for the chicken pox scar), but yes, start with botox. You'll be glad you did.

Onir Spiegel, DDS
Chestnut Hill Dentist

Botox?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. You're an excellent candidate for Botox. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon